S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Show us your pet!

Old 04-05-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is real time, folks. My son just snapped this 10 min ago.

Both animals, like Matrix and his beloved Myra, were rescued. The cat we got first. She lived on a farm about 1 mi down the road from us....the farm is gone do to urban sprawl, and the owner was selling everything off at the time we aquired Sam, the Cat. She was free....more or less an afterthought of the farmer. He said take the damn thing, they just keep spitting out more damn kittens anyways! My son fell in love with her at first sight, and we took her home.

The Lab in the picture is Macy. Some folks in town decided to move and left her and a beautiful Yellow Male Lab behind. Folks in the neighborhood knew the story, and the local cops caught up to the pair of them after they ran in the woods and begged food from people for about a week. I know the fire chief in town, and he also owns a tavern, and after a Saturday afternoon of comiserating and camraderie, he convinced that me and this fine animal were meant for each other. Of course. I concurred.......

That was my first flirtation with divorce. The dog was infested with worms, and at 5 months, it was quite apparent it was not familiar with "Indoor behavior". I spent numerous hours and money at obedience school and the vet, and finally it looked as though Macy and I were turning the corner to get back into my wife's good graces. I had her cage trained, meaning when we were not there, she was in the cage. Well...one night around Halloween, we left the house for around 40 min and thought she'd be OK outside the cage. She ate 3 whole carved pumpkins, and through the miracle of canine digestion, managed to shit the forementioned pumpkins in most every room in the house.

That was 6 yrs ago, I'm still married......what a gal!!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:02 PM

This is Jake. He was adopted from Lab Rescue. Had 5 homes in his first 9 months.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:31 PM

for all the responsible pet owners.

I know that's only mud on the turtle, but there's money to be made if the right slogan gets attached to that picture. That could grace many cubicle walls.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:59 AM

Originally posted by Smokee
for all the responsible pet owners.

I know that's only mud on the turtle, but there's money to be made if the right slogan gets attached to that picture. That could grace many cubicle walls.
OK - let's try some - I'll start:

"Don't get me angry - you wouldn't like me when I'm angry !!"

" I can only take so much shit before I just snap !!"

" My parents went for a walk and this is all they brought back for me"

"And you think YOU get dumped on !!!"

"Whether or not they put a cherry on top - it is still shit"

" Same Old ____"

"SSDD"

"Someone get this load off my back --- please ???"
Old 04-06-2004, 02:10 AM

Say Hello to Mr. Pockets he is a 7 year old Chihuahua and weighs 5lbs
Old 04-06-2004, 02:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by charlie
Say Hello to Mr. Pockets he is a 7 year old Chihuahua and weighs 5lbs http://gallery.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/imageview/9631/6/
Old 04-06-2004, 05:32 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally posted by charlie
Say Hello to Mr. Pockets...

Mr Pockets!!

The turtle just dug itself out of hibernation, hence the mud. And believe me, they get bigger than that.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, looks like the dogs are in the majority here.

Although I have yet to get my pet, I believe I have finally found a breeder.

Here is a little clue as to what will be coming...

Old 04-06-2004, 09:44 AM

Received 706 Likes on 433 Posts

Triple H -- I LOVE those Maine Coon Cats!!! My daughter is highly allergic to cats so we cannot have one, but if I did it would have to be a Maine Coon Cat -- beautiful and highly intelligent animals.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jukngene
He was approximately 10 to 12 inches across. He hissed at Maggie (see above), who proceded to scold him back with a great deal of barking! Lucky for her, he moved like a turtle! I'd be interested to hear Eliot's view!
As others have indicated that is a snapping turtle. Please, if you ever have you dog near that turtle again, get the dog on a leash and get it out of there, and do it fast. DO NOT let the fact that it is a turtle fool you. A big snapper can lurch forward and stretch out their VERY long neck at a speed that will completely surprise you, this is after all how they catch their prey.

When I was young and out picking asparagus with my grandmother we came across a snapper about that size. My grandmother was a zoologist and knew her stuff. She went into the woods and got a tree branch, it was about the thickness of a broomstick and it was solid. She tormented that turtle until it snapped so she could show me the power of this creature. I can remember to this day the little girlie scream I let out when that thing lunged at the branch and broke it in two with one bite. Powerful and fast, not slow and weak.

Quick Reply: Show us your pet!