S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Tigers return

Old 01-29-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts
Default Tigers return

Any golfers out there. What do you think of Tigers attempt to come back. He missed the cut in this weeks tournament but the cut line was pretty low. He didn't play badly overall but had enough bad holes to miss the cut. He has an aggressive schedule ahead for the next 4 weeks. He can still make the shots but so can the competition which is much stronger now then when he dominated. Age is also a factor, Mickelson is getting up there but he did make the cut. I think Tiger may win a few more tournaments depending on his health, not so sure about any more majors as I think he is past his prime. He still draws a crowd though.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:08 AM

Received 4,930 Likes on 2,990 Posts

Here I was hoping you were predicting the Detroit Tigers were going to make a good run this year.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Here I was hoping you were predicting the Detroit Tigers were going to make a good run this year.
That would be fine with me. I like the tigers. Al Kaline was from my home town.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

How many times can you attempt to make a come-back before your are officially washed up?
Old 01-29-2017, 03:17 PM

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I think he ought to retire.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

I have no respect for him, so he can disappear and it will be fine by me.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:37 PM

Yeah you are all probably right. Especially after watching the tournament played today at Torrey Pines. A 22 year old Spaniard won his first tournament. His level of play is unbelievable and after winning he spent a lot of time signing autographs and having photos taken with some of the kids in the gallery. Something Tiger never did. In with the new and out with the old I guess.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:31 PM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

yeah i'm a golf junkie....
so what do i think?
The great Bobby Jones said "Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears."
When it comes to the mental game, I would never bet against Tiger.
With that said, tiger has always played a very violent game of golf.
Freddie Couples always played a very smooth, fluid, languid game and still plays but even he had issues with his back. All of the years of practice and play took a heavy toll on him. How many players have you ever heard of that broke a leg playing golf?
Once invincible, he's merely mortal now. I think give him a few rounds and he'll be playing better and might even make it into the mix now and again.
Come Augusta.... hmmmm. One plays golf there.
The US Open? I'm not sure he'll have the game for Erin Hills. Having played it myself this past summer, that place will be legendary after this year.
Misses, not just left and right but long and short, will be very costly and it's Lo-oong playing around 8,000 yards.
It's also a brutal walk at just under 10 hilly miles per round. get rained out and wind up playing two rounds in a day? Yikes.
that a long, long way on 40 year old legs.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
yeah i'm a golf junkie....
so what do i think?
The great Bobby Jones said "Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears."
When it comes to the mental game, I would never bet against Tiger.
With that said, tiger has always played a very violent game of golf.
Freddie Couples always played a very smooth, fluid, languid game and still plays but even he had issues with his back. All of the years of practice and play took a heavy toll on him. How many players have you ever heard of that broke a leg playing golf?
Once invincible, he's merely mortal now. I think give him a few rounds and he'll be playing better and might even make it into the mix now and again.
Come Augusta.... hmmmm. One plays golf there.
The US Open? I'm not sure he'll have the game for Erin Hills. Having played it myself this past summer, that place will be legendary after this year.
Misses, not just left and right but long and short, will be very costly and it's Lo-oong playing around 8,000 yards.
It's also a brutal walk at just under 10 hilly miles per round. get rained out and wind up playing two rounds in a day? Yikes.
that a long, long way on 40 year old legs.
Good points.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Tiger missed the cut at the Farmers played at one of his favorite courses, Torrey Pines.
Then he had to withdraw with back problems from the Dubai tournament. ( of course he did have to fly commercial)

might be time to pick out a fork to stick him with 'cuz I think he's almost done.
mind you, on his bad day he can most likely whip my sorry arse on my best day.

Quick Reply: Tigers return