S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Are you ready for some football?

Old 09-22-2016, 10:37 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

No Brady, no problem. They always find a way to win which is why they are a great team.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:31 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good game for the Pats and the Texans did all they could to help.
Sticking it to Roger is even more fun than sticking it to Rex...!!
Old 09-23-2016, 03:56 AM

Received 3,520 Likes on 2,381 Posts

Has the Pope's office been in contact with the Pats regarding Bill's canonization?
Old 09-23-2016, 05:56 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I think the rest of the league (and all the Patriots-hating fans) look much worse now than when the Patriots were just beating them as a team on equal footing. The league takes away $1M, draft picks, and Tom Brady for the first quarter of the season and these other teams still can't win. Take away even our second string QB, and a 2-0 team can't even score a point or stop a kid who just got out of college.

The league has no sense of shame or futility so I'm sure all our opponents are working hard with Godell and company to cook up some new bogus investigation of a trivial rule. I'm guess that this time the punishment will be all the Patriots have to play with one hand tied behind their backs and The coaches have to be blindfolded. That will probably result in a 500 record.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Week 3, and the New England contingent is already warming up the Pariah fiddle? Again?

Belichick has a good book, and always has. It's the press' fault for looking solely at Tom Brady. There's still plenty of teams in the AFC that can shut New England down:

1. Despite giving up 400 yards, Pittsburgh's defense denied Cinci 3rd downs like they were going out of style.
2. (stupid $#%&*@$) Denver. . . Siemian appears to be ready to get into a shootout with any N.E. Quarterback, and with Anderson, Heaven help a defense in stopping the run.
3. Houston, and namely Osweiler, won't make the same mistake twice (ref. Denver 2015)
4. I still think Flacco is a one-trick pony, but it appears there's yet another 2-0 AFC team at least this week.

Meanwhile, after watching my Yayders' secondary set up velvet ropes and red carpet for Hotlanta's tight ends, I have to believe, unfortunately, that Mariota has watched the film and is prepping for a shootout against Carr. I expect a score that'll resemble a High School basketball game, not an NFL score.

. . . and then there's the Niners at +10.5, and the god-awful realization that the Seachickens could possibly not cover that.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:04 PM

Looks like Bill B will be going into the stands for another QB for next week as Brisset is reported to have torn ligaments in his thumb.
Rex will get so excited that they will only lose by 3 this time.
Goodell will review soccer rules and force Pats to play a man down.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:27 PM

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

It really doesn't matter. Everyone knows the Pats are cheating to win. Just can't quite figure out how......
Old 09-23-2016, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
It really doesn't matter. Everyone knows the Pats are cheating to win. Just can't quite figure out how......
We use radio waves and magnetic fields but shhhh don't tell anyone.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
you don't have to. Just make stuff up. It simply doesn't matter.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Week 3, and the New England contingent is already warming up the Pariah fiddle? Again?

Belichick has a good book, and always has. It's the press' fault for looking solely at Tom Brady. There's still plenty of teams in the AFC that can shut New England down:

1. Despite giving up 400 yards, Pittsburgh's defense denied Cinci 3rd downs like they were going out of style.
2. (stupid $#%&*@$) Denver. . . Siemian appears to be ready to get into a shootout with any N.E. Quarterback, and with Anderson, Heaven help a defense in stopping the run.
3. Houston, and namely Osweiler, won't make the same mistake twice (ref. Denver 2015)
4. I still think Flacco is a one-trick pony, but it appears there's yet another 2-0 AFC team at least this week.

Meanwhile, after watching my Yayders' secondary set up velvet ropes and red carpet for Hotlanta's tight ends, I have to believe, unfortunately, that Mariota has watched the film and is prepping for a shootout against Carr. I expect a score that'll resemble a High School basketball game, not an NFL score.

. . . and then there's the Niners at +10.5, and the god-awful realization that the Seachickens could possibly not cover that.

Quick Reply: Are you ready for some football?