S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How to wash correctly your wheels?

Old 02-18-2016, 05:24 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Default How to wash correctly your wheels?

Hello guys,

Bought a set of used Volk CE28n Bronze and wanted to give a good cleaning on them and protect them.

What products you guys recommend that wont affect the color of the wheels? How to wash them in the best way?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2016, 05:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a pick of the wheels, are they in good shape?

for a cleaning there are some great wheel cleaners out there.

Nanolex Wheel Cleaner and Iron Remover
Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner
Kenotek Ultra Wheel Cleaner and Fallout Remover
Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus

use some good wheel brushes.

Uber Boar's Hair Detail Brush
Wheel Woolies
EZ Detail Brush
Old 02-20-2016, 09:37 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Once a year I coat my wheels with Menzerna Powerlock sealant, it easily lasts an entire driving season for me. The dirt and brake dust slides off easily, I coat the interior barrels and exterior surfaces. With that done I simply wash them with a very mild carwash soap solution regularly throughout the season as you don't have to spend much time scrubbing, and I don't have to buy any specialty wheel care products. I always worry about wheel cleaning products being too harsh on painted wheels so I prefer to avoid them. Menzerna Powerlock sealant and carwash soap cleaning is all I need. You can mix a small bit of carwash soap with water in a dedicated spray bottle and use that for all your cleaning needs throughout the driving season.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:53 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

^ what should i use to help remove some stains on white wheels? if i scratch with my fingernail i can get it to remove, but with a brush it does nothing. I used Sonax and Adam's wheel cleaner and its clean but up close its still slightly stained. I want to add Menzerna, but after i clean them up. you think clay bar would help?

-Mike
Old 04-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Received 705 Likes on 477 Posts

Lacquer thinner might do the trick. Pour some on a microfiber towel wear gloves and wipe gently. I use it for removing sap and it does not harm the paint.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:45 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I would try a dedicated Iron remover next, follow the directions and allow it to work fully. The next option would be to try a clay bar, lube and good 'ol elbow grease.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Clean them and think about getting them ceramic coated.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ever use Super Clean on their wheels? I've used it a couple of times. It does a good job but seems a little harsh.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I've never used it myself, but the labeling concerns me. It's label states SuperClean All Wheel Cleaner, yet in the description it says safe for most wheels. That part concerns me in that it may indeed too strong for certain wheels. I would read the directions carefully to make sure you aren't potentially damaging your wheels. There are plenty of safe wheel cleaners, I would check out DetailersDomain for recommendations.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Memo6453
^ what should i use to help remove some stains on white wheels? if i scratch with my fingernail i can get it to remove, but with a brush it does nothing. I used Sonax and Adam's wheel cleaner and its clean but up close its still slightly stained. I want to add Menzerna, but after i clean them up. you think clay bar would help?-Mike
Clay bar, compound or polish should remove that.
After I spray my wheels with a wheel cleaner I always wash them with a sponge afterward. Works much better than if you just hose it off. I use a normal wheel cleaner like Mothers, Eagle1 or Black Magic as it is readily available at the local Autozone. Not to knock Sonax or those other products.

Quick Reply: How to wash correctly your wheels?