San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Touge? Canyon Runs? Spirited Mountain drives? anyone?!

Old 06-18-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touge? Canyon Runs? Spirited Mountain drives? anyone?!

hey guys whats up! new AP1 owner here. I picked up a 03 Silverstone about 2 months ago and im in love. The S2000 has been my dream car since I was a kid and now that I finally own one its a dream come true. Anyways, I was just wondering if other members on here actually "drive" their s2k's the way they were meant to be driven!? im a regular out on the twisties, and have been driving out there for years with my previous vehicle. It would be awesome to meet up and drive with other s2k owners. If anyone is down lets get something going! I usually go week nights and weekends.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello and welcome.

You'll find that a bunch of owners here "drive the car the way it was meant to be driven" in an appropriate environment like at the autocross and/or track. Can't really drive the car at its limit on side roads with yellow lines and commuter cars ;P

That said, there haven't been many "spirited drives" organized within this group in a while. However, some members here run with other groups (:: cough :: NUKE), so maybe one of them will chime in.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:20 AM

hey thanks for replying ! right I totally understand what your saying, but maybe I gave you guys the wrong idea. Im not talking about racing or driving super fast, but more like just for fun. Pick up the pace in a few corners, slow back down again and cruise. I have plenty of track experience so I know exactly how you feel. haha and ive met nuke before I went karting with him and some other friends years ago! his s2k is a beast!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:49 AM

I do canyon run in glendora its far away in sd tho like an 1 1/2hr drive its a 44miles back and forth.. If u wanna go ill let u know when im going but right now cops are getting hot.. Coz they been checking every1 car in the mountain even if were just parked in the mountain.. Unless ur stock then ur good then..
Old 06-24-2015, 03:27 PM

Right on I know where that's at I used to live in Ontario. You don't drive any roads here in SD?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 PM

Nope but one of my friend knows 1 in here but he said its more like los angeles crest which is all simple turns
Old 06-26-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Artie, I usually do spirited drives on the weekends. Message me your number and I'll shoot you a text to arrange something soon. What part of SD are you in?
Old 06-28-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by gerikivan
Nope but one of my friend knows 1 in here but he said its more like los angeles crest which is all simple turns
There are plenty of nice roads to drive in SD! if your serious about going for a cruise let me know.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk
Hey Artie, I usually do spirited drives on the weekends. Message me your number and I'll shoot you a text to arrange something soon. What part of SD are you in?
forsure man thanks! I live in south SD. I just got home from an amazing cruise today with my buddies. Drove up the 15N to Palomar mountain and trekked it back south to Chula Vista all through the back roads. 200 plus mile cruise it was so satisfying.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arty6RR
Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk' timestamp='1435339149' post='23661628
forsure man thanks! I live in south SD. I just got home from an amazing cruise today with my buddies. Drove up the 15N to Palomar mountain and trekked it back south to Chula Vista all through the back roads. 200 plus mile cruise it was so satisfying.
Sounds very similar to the one I took after cars and coffee on saturday morning. Had a Boss302 and a Suzuka blue s2000 join me. It was a very good drive.

Quick Reply: Touge? Canyon Runs? Spirited Mountain drives? anyone?!