Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

My Experiences with HardTopGuy

Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Emailed twice. Called 3 times. Didn't leave a voice mail since it did say for faster feedback please email.

Ordered May19th.... Requested Update on the 26th, then requested to cancel my order later on the same day.

No response, Credit Card charged the second day.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

What is there to discuss?

I know he is busy but customer's time is important as well. Jeff please cancel my order if you are reading this. It's nothing personal, just business.

As soon as I get what's rightfully mine there will be no more sour feelings towards any one and I won't bad mouth no one. *Not that I did/do anyways that is*

Thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will share my experience thus far as its the first time I am doing business with him

Initially, I emailed Jeff and called him to ask a few questions and didnt hear back.

Since I ordered my robbins top and I needed parts sooner than later to finish swap - I placed an order last morning and left a note in message to call me and he did so last afternoon.

He could have sold me a $799 kit, but chose to tell me I didnt need it at all and would just send me the parts I need and refund the rest. That sign of honesty is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had terrible experience with htg in the past as well. I fully intended to buy a hardtop off him but he would not send me a quote on the price shipped to canada.

Even after calling/emailing several times, i stopped getting replies. The one time i got through to him on the phone he said he would email me a quote right now but he never did.

I gave up and bought my hardtop elsewhere. It's like the guy doesn't want your business, never in my life have i the consumer been the one who had to go the extra mile in order to try and get someone to do business with me. Extremely poor customer service in my experience.

I don't care if he has been good to some people in the past, it doesn't give him an excuse to treat others so terribly and after reading others experiences on this board i can see i'm not the only one who has been wronged by him.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 AM

he really should keep his customers posted on his status, rather than ignore them and send messages through other people.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My impression is that HTG is a middle man and probably doesn't have most parts on hand, he has to track them down. If he now has a second job, where does he find the time to take care of his customers?. Maybe he bit off more than he can chew?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Everytime I have dealt with Jeff its been good. I even ordered a bunch of parts last week around the 18th and I got a pop up that said that all orders would not be processed until the 23rd. Got a tracking number yesterday that my parts are on the way.
There was a little delay but well worth saving my money and supporting the S2Ki community. Some of you might need to think about the fact that not so long ago parts for our car were not as easy to get. Especially at the price he sells them to us. Some parts take longer than others. I see some of your guys point with the communication, he should hire someone to remotely handle emails etc. My point is there is a great satisfaction for giving back and spending money with people that have done so much for our community other than just sell parts. Jeff is one of them. If its a problem than go to a regular shop and compare how much it cost for parts, misc. hardware, labor and time of install. (All to find out it was not installed right) You'll change your mind.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That was an extremely fast turn-around time, you're lucky and if I were you, I wouldn't be complaining at all. Maybe your parts were very easy to obtain. I've been patient, beyond measure, and will continue to wait since he's a good guy and I always try to give the benefit of the doubt.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Let's not demonize anyone on this thread and polarize feelings. Most people know of his generosity and good deeds and they stand on their own merits. But what people wrote on here isn't unreasonable. I don't think anyone bashed anyone here, just unsatisfied that they haven't heard anything. When the comments become attacks, then yes, the mods would close the thread. But so far, it hasn't come to that.

Having said that, I understand that Jeff is extremely busy right now and I'll probably be the last person standing who would defend him since I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt. He has come through for me in the past and I'll continue to wait for my parts. And when he does, it's great.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 PM

^ I agree completely. While I to also give him the benefit of the doubt and was willing to wait because I know he is a good vendor. That doesn't change that some people may be disappointed with the service they have received. I think they are entitled on a status update I am sure almost all would be completely understanding of his situation. Its all about communication. I know he is a great guy and usually look to him first for my OEM parts.

Quick Reply: My Experiences with HardTopGuy