Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Purchased supercharger kit, buyer shipped to me with no bubble wrap or padding......

Old 12-09-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Good God. People piss me off lol
Old 12-09-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Feezy
Did you file a complaint/charge back yet with Paypal?
I wanted to give the seller a few days to respond. He stopped responding as soon as I complained and sent him the pics, which was on Monday, so I will be doing the claim on PayPal now.

Originally Posted by King Tut
I mean he said it was semi new.
haha I dont doubt it was in decent condition prior to being shipped. It's now ruined.

Originally Posted by imtigahwoodz
Damn, that sucks...I'll soon be in the market for a used sc as well. Packaging will definitely be something I bring up in the sale now that I see this.
yeah I'm just gonna look locally for the next one. Show your seller this thread if it means it will save the life of another supercharger.

Originally Posted by uh0h50
Good God. People piss me off lol
some people have zero common sense.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you mind me asking, what was the listed price?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
He was asking $3,000 for the kit and it was supposed to come 100% completed(down to the screws and washers)

I got him down to $2,500 + fees/shipping, which came out to be $2,675, except, at the end, there were a ton of things missing and everything ended up getting damaged anyways.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2675 for a semi new vortex v2 kit???? Come on that was the first sign of a ugly kit!!!!!!! No SC kit goes for under 4K if it was semi new and complete!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!! Unless u know the guy really well and he's your best buddy for the last 20yrs lol
Old 12-16-2015, 09:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dman8
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1450036927' post='23826836
He was asking $3,000 for the kit and it was supposed to come 100% completed(down to the screws and washers)

I got him down to $2,500 + fees/shipping, which came out to be $2,675, except, at the end, there were a ton of things missing and everything ended up getting damaged anyways.
That price is too good to be true for a legit kit. Look to pay $3500-4500 for a put together kit in usable condition. This site has better buyer security than the FaceBook sell group. Hope everything works out
Old 12-20-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey mate if you can't get your money back then order two new pulleys to replace broken two. You would expect the bearings to be old anyway.
The S/C pulley can be saved with a bit of work of your own, you should buy a new smaller pulley anyway to net higher HP.
Buy a bigger heat exchanger air/water intercooler to replace the junk Vortech one, I bought the Science of Speed one.
You need to put the bracket and everything together to see if you're missing anything. Contact "Ultrarev" I buy all my Vortech parts from them. I can send you the Vortech installation guide if you need it. If you pay a shop to install it they will most likely have hoses, bolts etc available to get it all on.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by KiNgKoNg723
2675 for a semi new vortex v2 kit???? Come on that was the first sign of a ugly kit!!!!!!! No SC kit goes for under 4K if it was semi new and complete!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!! Unless u know the guy really well and he's your best buddy for the last 20yrs lol
I did a quick search on this site, and only found like 2 or 3 recent vortech kits being sold. They actually all ran around $2,500-$3,000 for a full working kit(without EMS)...so I dunno, thought it was a good price.

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Originally Posted by Dman8' timestamp='1450088157' post='23827238
[quote name='JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1450036927' post='23826836']

That price is too good to be true for a legit kit. Look to pay $3500-4500 for a put together kit in usable condition. This site has better buyer security than the FaceBook sell group. Hope everything works out
[/quote]

for years, I've bought on eBay, Craigslist, and a plethora of forums. Never had any issues. This year, I've bought from facebook twice, and both times was disastrous. First time I paid for a Berk HFC, and received a generic off-brand HFC with a blown core, and the second time, was this S/C kit never buying from facebook group again haha.

Originally Posted by MARK AUS S2K
Hey mate if you can't get your money back then order two new pulleys to replace broken two. You would expect the bearings to be old anyway.
The S/C pulley can be saved with a bit of work of your own, you should buy a new smaller pulley anyway to net higher HP.
Buy a bigger heat exchanger air/water intercooler to replace the junk Vortech one, I bought the Science of Speed one.
You need to put the bracket and everything together to see if you're missing anything. Contact "Ultrarev" I buy all my Vortech parts from them. I can send you the Vortech installation guide if you need it. If you pay a shop to install it they will most likely have hoses, bolts etc available to get it all on.
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently working out a PayPal dispute right now. I'm 99% sure I'll win but we'll see.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is ridiculous...the kit looks like it just got pulled out from a junkyard. That is false advertisement as well, not even close to what was described in words / pictures.

it's that kind of people that ruin the S2000 community. I wish you luck on the Paypal claim.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will never ever ever buy from anyone on facebook sight unseen. I have heard countless horror stories of the folks on there. Especially for such an expensive item with so many pieces, I would have to see it in person. But I understand, sometimes you gotta pull the trigger. I really hope you get your money back. That kit is a disgrace

Quick Reply: Purchased supercharger kit, buyer shipped to me with no bubble wrap or padding......