Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain

Old 03-19-2013, 04:15 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain

Day 1 - Logged work time: 5.5 hours

Wash

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-wl6wcu9.jpg

Real Lambs Wool mitt (thanks to Phil), uber drying towel, Megs Gold Class, 303 cleaner and protectant for the top.

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-fkjy2zx.jpg

Loose dirt removed (I think)!

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-khsswi7.jpg

Paint has swirls and a few scratches. Last time I detailed the car was Feb. of last year

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-ktvovrn.jpg

Trying out the Nano AutoScrub

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-1omq1v2.jpg

Not impressed, so I swapped over to the clay for the front end...look at all that! Maybe I was doing something wrong

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-m77cqgp.jpg

AutoScrubbed

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-gla1rus.jpg

The Goods

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-f7auayd.jpg

Front end really needs to be resprayed...all those white dots are rock chips! Nevertheless, the Megs. D300 compound and microfiber cutting disc left an impressive shine.

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-swz8ian.jpg

Before and after swirl pics
Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-3e5epux.jpg
Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-koigdka.jpg
Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-rahjjr2.jpg

Now here's the funny part, the D300 and cutting disc left a haze/hew under light (pictured), now I took a microfiber towel (no cut) and with the D300 touched up some hard to reach spots...took the haze right out. I bet with a finishing disc, the D300 would make a decent polish too!

Day 2 (tomorrow) will be the polish and wax. Will post more pics.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks great!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 PM

thanks dude
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 AM

Looks good. maybe the cutting pad is too aggressive.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Almost anything with cut will leave a haze on Berlina. Just no way to one step it and get good correction. One of the many reasons I dislike Berlina. Pretty sure I'll be able to one step my Sebring and get the exact results I want
Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM

I agree. ^^^^
Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 PM

Day 2

Work time: 5.5 hrs

Well my buddy Heath showed up at my place this morning right before I was headed out to start polishing and told me we were going to greensboro to pick up his new FRS turbo. We had 2 hours before we needed to leave (he knew I was detailing) and I went out to start. Was in a rush so didnt get beginning picks. Got back into town around 8PM, stopped by Oreilly's and bought a shoplight, and started back at it. Total work time for today: 5.5 hrs...again.

1 coat of Lusso Oro applied...thinking about doing another coat and the interior on Saturday.

Before polish

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-ks4l8ut.jpg

After polish...that stuff is kinda hard to get off even when using very little product!

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-8qh9nlc.jpg

Lusso on
Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-txwujwx.jpg

Lusso off

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-a6bi0as.jpg

Lusso is really easy to apply and take off, I used a few swipes of the application in the can per 2x2' section

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-1epmgdl.jpg

Rock chips as numerous as the stars...this is a close up of my passenger side fender right behind the headlight

Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain-q7umrqn.jpg
Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice work! I am about to do my first paint correction to my BB since 09 . My car looks neglected. This just gave me inspiration !
Old 03-20-2013, 09:09 PM

I think I'll be wet sanding my headlights too soon. They look pretty bad as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice job...

Quick Reply: Annual Berlina Detail - Finally get to use the stuff I bought from Detailer's Domain