S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I've lost interest in her and it kills me

Old 10-05-2016, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've lost interest in her and it kills me

Hey guys, im at a dilemma in the ownership of my 2000 s2000. I bought her from a buddy of mine when I got back to the states going on 3 years ago. And ive love every second of her. Shes never had a single issue and has been reliable to this day. But im getting bored with her. I drove a buddies evo 9 with ohlins and it actually put a grin back on my face. I miss the thrill of a fast nimble car. Now don't get me wrong. She handles like a dream but ive become so accustomed to how she drives that the thrill isn't there. Don't even get me started on the lack of power. I want to have the thrill I used to have a few years back. But now im at a cross roads. I could A. Keep the s2000, build the motor, supercharge it, hardtop and put some nice ohlins on it. Or plan B. Sell it, save up money and buy a evo 9 next summer. Another big reason im thinking of getting rid of her is that I daily her. So trying to take buddies for a trip or even doing a grocery run is just not going to happen. The daily driver uses of this car are very limited. So that's what leading me to getting the evo 9. Would be a good daily driver. Get groceries and take buds on trips. And its amazing in all weather.

So I sell it, get a evo 9 and daily drive that/autocross it.

Or I keep the s2000. Get another daily. Just a simple sedan and build the s2000 to the track weapon I know it can be.

But my question to you guys is have you gone through this too? Has dumping a good suspension in her, adding more power ect. changed how you felt about the car. If so please let me know. Talk me out of it hahaha. Because at the back of my mind I know it'll be worth it. And having another daily will allow me to focus on making her the best she can be.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

You don't need to build the motor to supercharge it. The F series is as strong...or stronger than an EVO's 4G63 in most respects.

I don't think I could give up my S2000 for an EVO. But the EVO9 is a great car. Good luck finding one that hasn't been destroyed by some guy who has every flavour of vape hanging from the straight brim of his hat.

I love DD'ing my S2000...but have a TSX (manual trans) for winter use or if I need room. Good combo for me.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
You don't need to build the motor to supercharge it. The F series is as strong...or stronger than an EVO's 4G63 in most respects.

I don't think I could give up my S2000 for an EVO. But the EVO9 is a great car. Good luck finding one that hasn't been destroyed by some guy who has every flavour of vape hanging from the straight brim of his hat.

I love DD'ing my S2000...but have a TSX (manual trans) for winter use or if I need room. Good combo for me.
it has 120k on it and it was previously supercharged so im worried about blowing the motor. Im only planning on 360whp. That and a very good suspension. I found a evo 9 that is in mint condition so im at this dilemma now.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:31 PM

You'll find it extremely hard to blow up a F series. And I'd take my chances and blow it up and find a factory built longblock later.....rather than take my chances on a rebuild. The engine has ceramic cylinder liners.

Whether or not you want the EVO instead is your call. A mint EVO 9 is hard to come by.

But you'll find yourself blowing up the EVO during a launching session...or when the "ehhhh little more boost" bug bites you.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:35 PM

Good luck finding one that hasn't been destroyed by some guy who has every flavour of vape hanging from the straight brim of his hat.
pure gold B serious pure gold
Old 10-05-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
You'll find it extremely hard to blow up a F series. And I'd take my chances and blow it up and find a factory built longblock later.....rather than take my chances on a rebuild. The engine has ceramic cylinder liners.

Whether or not you want the EVO instead is your call. A mint EVO 9 is hard to come by.

But you'll find yourself blowing up the EVO during a launching session...or when the "ehhhh little more boost" bug bites you.
Where could I find a built longblock at?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by afshawn998
Originally Posted by B serious' timestamp='1475699511' post='24077591

Where could I find a built longblock at?
https://www.inlinepro.com

But honestly, do a compression and leakdown test on your existing engine, it's probably fine. I've been supercharged for two years and approximately 20k miles (with 4 track days now), and the car hasn't skipped a beat. Make sure you get a reputable kit and properly install it, get a good tune (VERY VERY IMPORTANT) and drive the hell out of it.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:09 PM

I was talking about a factory built longblock. From like a JDM source or wrecked part out. But that would be IF your current motor had issues.

Your 120K mile factory built motor is fine for 360hp as long as its currently in good shape. Its a ridiculously overbuilt engine.

If you wanna keep the S2000 and you need power, then just SC the original block. Worst case is that you'll blow it up and need a longblock. What's the point of buying a longblock in advance.

At least blow it up first.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

If you leave, either you'll be back, or will always miss the S and want to come back.

Which car makes you a better driver?

Need something to feed your wild side? Get a bike for weekend sprints. Keep the S. Get a second car, sedan, for trips requiring more than two seats.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:08 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I know the feeling. Sometimes you just want something fresh. I'm sure once you get the EVO, you'll probably get bored of it three years later.

Quick Reply: I've lost interest in her and it kills me