Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New S2000 Owner in Chicago Area

Old 10-26-2016, 05:23 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default New S2000 Owner in Chicago Area

Hi Everyone -

My name is Jeff, and I just bought a 2001 S2000. New to the community, I live one of the western suburbs of Chicago. Would enjoy meeting other members, group drives, activities, learning information about good mechanics in the area, etc..
Old 10-26-2016, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi from the south suburbs!
Old 10-27-2016, 05:23 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Hello from the north burbs. New guy here myself.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:50 AM

sirplayalot and lookstoomuch, it's good to hear from both of you. Where do you guys live? I'm in La Grange. Is there a group that ever meets (coffee, discuss S2000's or anything else of interest) in the area? I know it's getting late in the season but I enjoy meeting guys and participating in activities. It would be good to get together and check out everyone's cars! I've been trying to add a photo to my avatar but can't seem to get one to post (I'm computer-challenged, I guess).
Old 10-28-2016, 01:25 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....
Old 02-23-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jeff, congrats on your new addition! I just got mine, and I'm in Highland Park. Currently looking for relevant cars-and-coffee events, but haven't yet found any. The meets near to HP are geared toward certified classics and supercars (Your NSX would be welcome). Perhaps autocross is the way to go, around Chicago? I did see JDM Chicago mentioned somewhere. Have you found anything?
Old 02-23-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by DallasDz
Hi Jeff, congrats on your new addition! I just got mine, and I'm in Highland Park. Currently looking for relevant cars-and-coffee events, but haven't yet found any. The meets near to HP are geared toward certified classics and supercars (Your NSX would be welcome). Perhaps autocross is the way to go, around Chicago? I did see JDM Chicago mentioned somewhere. Have you found anything?
Hi Dallas! Welcome to the communities, both the ranks of S2000 owners as well as the S2KI community. I'm new here myself, having bought my S2000 just last fall and joining S2KI shortly afterwards. It's been a fun car and a great group of people.

As far as Cars and Coffee stuff goes, you may be familiar with this stuff, but if not: Supercar Saturdays run the first Saturday of each month from May through September. Rather than me giving you a long-winded description, just Google "Supercar Saturdays Chicago" and the website will clue you in. There's also Rise and Drive, though I've never been to it and I think it may be geared more towards supercars and muscle. FWIW, we have a local NSX group which include at least one current (me) and one former S2000 owner, and you would be very welcome to join us should you ever be interested! We normally meet at the Portillo's on Rt. 83 in Elmhurst monthly, and are in fact having a gathering on March 8th at 7:00PM. I realize that it's a drive down from Highland Park, but the offer stands! PM me if you want more info about that or anything else.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the North burbs and looking for an S2000 to buy ! Lmk if you guys have any leads on a good example
Old 02-27-2017, 07:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome! Stop by the shop sometime we are also in the western Suburbs
Old 03-03-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey again Jeff, good chatting with you briefly through the PMs.

Be sure to contact Devin above at Touge if you're looking for any aftermarket parts (just saying). He's a cool guy at times (lol).

Hope to see you soon enough!

Quick Reply: New S2000 Owner in Chicago Area