S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Antenna and Wheel Caps Stolen.....

Old 02-24-2001, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went out to the apartment parking lot to wash my car today to find that the radio antenna had been stolen.... Took the car outside and found the "H" wheel caps gone...
My son just had his school bag stolen yesterday at the playground....
I think I better contact our family fortune teller.

Whoever did it did a nice job... no dents.... Just asked for a quote on several site for a quote... Hope they don't cost too much.
I'll leave them off till I take the car back home.
Old 02-24-2001, 09:26 AM

I just happen to check the price of the 'H' hub caps at the dealer's parts department yesterday - $33 each. Ouch!
Old 02-24-2001, 09:30 AM

Oh..S***t!!!

It was just thick aluminum foil wrapped around a plastic button!

That's 66dollars for the two front ones stollen and 33 for the one I dented trying to pry out in the rear...

I'm definitely not putting them back on..

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-24-2001, 09:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to try HandA-Accessories.com. Trevor usually has much better prices than the average dealer...
Old 02-24-2001, 09:49 AM

Thanks! I will last post the best prices I got on these two parts.
Old 02-24-2001, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently the S2000 antenna is a popular modification for new Celica owners and for VW Golfs and Jettas. The cover slips over the stock antennas and looks better. I'm not saying that's why it was stolen, but it wouldn't surprise me (don't know why they'd take the wheel caps).

Kind of a bummer actually. It used ot be that buying a higher model Honda or Acura was risky because some kid would steal it to get the engine or wheels for his Civic (Integras being the most at risk). Since the S2K shares nothing in common with other cars, I didn't think I'd have to worry. Guess not.

UL
Old 02-24-2001, 10:19 AM
dbw

a quick tip on removing the hubcovers....have a pair of good,solid bamboo chopsticks...bevel the fat end of one and slip the wedge under the lip of the cap...then tap lightly and the cap will come off with no damage to cap or wheel!!
Old 02-24-2001, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by dbw
a quick tip on removing the hubcovers....have a pair of good,solid bamboo chopsticks...bevel the fat end of one and slip the wedge under the lip of the cap...then tap lightly and the cap will come off with no damage to cap or wheel!!
Thanks for the tip.
I thought (dunno why) that the hub caps would be solid aluminum... A 33 buck tuition seems kinda high...
Old 02-24-2001, 10:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
[B]Apparently the S2000 antenna is a popular modification for new Celica owners and for VW Golfs and Jettas.
Old 02-24-2001, 10:30 AM
vmb

If such trivial (not so trivial for us, but in the whole scheme of life in general) thefts and vandalisms are common in your area, it would be well worth reducing your comprehensive deductible to $0. It will barely affect your premium. (a low deductible for the collision part of your policy will, however have a great affect on your premium) I learned this while at college when some thug broke a $280 window to steal a stinkin' baseball cap (it was a good year for the Buckeyes in '91-92!) But for this instance, my condolences. I hope you have better luck (and/or no deductible!) the next time.

Quick Reply: Antenna and Wheel Caps Stolen.....