Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

stollen antenna (twice) you mother f@ckers

Old 09-30-2002, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stollen antenna (twice) you mother f@ckers

I've had my antenna stolen twice. Any one else had this crap happen to them. F@ck you to all you jealous , envious vw drivers who steal s2000 antennas. Let me catch. I'm just praying to catch them trying to jack it.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it sucks. I just had mine stolen on Friday when my car was parked in the University parking garage.

Take some deep breaths and realize that a new antenna is less than $20. Since I couldn't find one locally, I just ordered one from H and A accessories along with some maintenence items I needed.

Also - feel sad for someone that needs to steal things. They are either very desperate (probably not the case for antenna theft) or have a poor understanding of ethics and will suffer some consequence for that.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:22 AM

Put some loctite on it... It'll never come off.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:09 PM

loctite... and if your gonna blame dub drivers blame the 4th gen driving 16 year olds.... the mk3 guys almost always have enough respect to go out and buy them (that is, if they want them at all) ... p.s. next time you see a 4th gen dub with a s2k antenna return the favor :-P)
Old 11-29-2002, 09:54 AM

Oi, let's not advocate stealing eachother's antennae Just cause most MKIV drivers are punks doesn't mean we all are!

It's like a $15 part from HandA-accessories, I can't see the logic in risking a beatdown from an irate car owner if he catches you messing with his ride...

I drive a Jetta and had my S2K antenna stolen once, I was...less than amused. Loctite does sound like a good idea, but if you do eventually need to take it off....what then?
Old 11-29-2002, 12:29 PM

Hey join the club, my antenna got stolen and my fog lights got bashed (guess cause I made them too difficult to take off), and of all things my windshield washer squirters got taken.. all just last weekend.

Since the cops laughed at me and told me it was petty theft and they couldn't do anything (lazy SOB's didn't want to fill out the paperwork), it's time to take the law into my own hands!

I got 12 people together who are wanting to do a stake out. My car's and a friends Prelude are going to be the bait cars. We've got video cameras, hand cuffs, and one ex cop turned private detective with a bad attitude! I think it's time to start taking our stuff back.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:58 PM

I don't know about the loctite. Last thing I'd want is some guy getting pissed off cause he can't get it off, or using a wrench to try to twist it off and damaging the car.

my antenna has been stolen....twice.
Old 11-29-2002, 02:55 PM

Received 1,245 Likes on 759 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PilotChris
[B]
I got 12 people together who are wanting to do a stake out.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:34 PM

Hehehe... I might want in on this Chris!
Old 11-30-2002, 04:40 AM

My radio works very well WITHOUT the antenna. Not to mention I listen to CDs most of the time anyway. How about we get a small plastic cap to go over the metal threads and just leave the antenna OFF the car. Anyone know what will fit? You could put a small sign on it....."my antenna already stolen...sorry".

My second S2k arrived from the auction WITHOUT the antenna....stolen, no doubt.

Wei-Shen

Quick Reply: stollen antenna (twice) you mother f@ckers