Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

3 Reasons Why We Need Better Homepage Articles On S2KI.com

Old 03-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 3 Reasons Why We Need Better Homepage Articles On S2KI.com

1. This pattern of list-based blog posts has become more than a trend, it's an obsession! I'd like to see more user created content or content focused on our community.

2. These list articles seem forced. Some of the facts are cool but are they really that engaging to the audience?

3. Look at the culture we have here! Enthusiasts of all ages flock to this site to share our passion for one of the greatest cars sold, let's tap into that & strive to be truly creative.
The following users liked this post:
hafftrak (07-09-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

These don't come from members...

-- Chuck
Old 03-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Lol, well played with the thread title, amsfoto. Are you volunteering to write for the News Team? We have struggled for the last few months years with finding writers/editors and good quality content to publish on the home page.

Last edited by JulieU; 03-03-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Lol, well played with the thread title, amsfoto. Are you volunteering to write for the News Team? We have struggled for the last few months years with finding writers/editors and good quality content to publish on the home page.
I'd love to be considered & at least come up with one article. Is there any way we can tap into the user base? A lot of our sticky posts can be adapted into articles, such as ones about what to look for when buying an S2000. There are tons of subjects that'd be helpful & may even draw traffic into the boards.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

That's a great idea. We have tried to tap into the user base by asking for contributors on the home page and in the forums but since most of the News Team members have disappeared, we have not done that recently. If you come up with an article, we would love to review it. If you want to contribute on a regular basis, we would be happy to consider that as well. In the past, I believe News Team members got a complimentary membership but am not sure if that is still the case.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
That's a great idea. We have tried to tap into the user base by asking for contributors on the home page and in the forums but since most of the News Team members have disappeared, we have not done that recently. If you come up with an article, we would love to review it. If you want to contribute on a regular basis, we would be happy to consider that as well. In the past, I believe News Team members got a complimentary membership but am not sure if that is still the case.
Cool! Thanks for the consideration. I'll come up with something when I have some free time & send it your way when it's ready. Would be honored to support this community in any way I can.