Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:08 PM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

My Recent Posts is under the dropdown next to your username at the very top right corner. I don't remember seeing that the other day...may be a new addition, but it's almost exactly like "My Content" from the old site.

EDIT: Also, Quick Reply doesn't appear to be working.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:13 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Ads - We're looking into the mobile ad issue that many of you are reporting. You shouldn't be seeing any forced pop-ups, redirects, or nudity. To provide a little background on how our ads work, we work with multiple ad companies to fill those banner slots. Normally they fill these slots with "safe" ads of their own, but sometimes they resell them to other companies instead. It's in this daisy-chain of ad providers, so to speak, that rogue ads occasionally sneak in. Our ad team is looking to see which specific provider may be at fault and will block as necessary. In the meantime, if any of you see additional malicious ads, please post a screenshot in this thread.

Forum Menu at Bottom - We've heard your feedback on bringing back a forum menu to the bottom of threads. It's now live on the right side of the page, under the posting rules box (look for "Forum Jump" with a drop-down menu).

Signatures - They're still a a bit of a work in progress. We're building proper logic into the forum software to only show a user's signature once per user per page. In the interim, we're hiding duplicate signatures with a band-aid of sorts. All the signatures load, but then we hide any duplicates. What this means is that if you edit your post, you may see your signature reappear briefly. However, as soon as you refresh the page, you'll only see one instance of your signature per page.

My Content - You can find all your recent posts by clicking your username in the top-right corner of page and selecting "My Posts". Alternatively, if you're looking for a list of threads, you can do so via the "My Recent Posts" option in that same menu.

Originally Posted by usedtobeCHR!S
Ever since the switch over to VBulletin, I haven't been able to log into my old account that I've had for about 10 years (CHR!S)... it kept saying the password was invalid. Went to reset the password, and the passwords that are being sent to me do not work either. If anyone can help me fix this issue I'd appreciate it.
My apologies for the inconvenience. I'll send a PM to this temporary account of yours to help you sort it out.

Originally Posted by Billman250
Noticed that threads (at least in Nyc metro) show multiple pages available, even though there are 11 posts or so.

Looking forward to being able to communicate once again via PM. I can barely follow but those on the other end are lost completely.
You can modify the numbers of posts you see per thread via the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" option on your User CP's Edit Options page.

Originally Posted by joephotographer
Still not seeing the tag graphics previously mentioned.
The tag graphics should display on any user who's a Member, Gold Member, Moderator, Sponsor, or staffer. Registered Users only display text. if you don't see the proper tag on someone, please pass along a link to their profile.

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Jason, there's an issue with the permissions for user groups to see Members pictures posted from their gallery. As of now, Members (and Mods/CO's) can see them, but Guests and Gold Members cannot.
This should be fixed now. If there are any Guests or Gold Members who still don't see photos embedded in posts, please ask them to make sure they have the "Show Images" box checked on their User CP's Edit Options page.

Originally Posted by CMK
EDIT: Also, Quick Reply doesn't appear to be working.
What seems to be the issue?
Old 10-27-2016, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search Function is no longer simple

It seems like the search function is no longer easy to use...

Entering a captcha every time I need to search and having to try and decipher exactly what I need to enter is not enjoyable..
Old 10-27-2016, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bugs with the private messaging system.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant see pics in https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-wa...repair-249356/
Old 10-27-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Go back to the old s2ki!!!!!! The current interface is a huge step backwards/ I'm not digging this new setup at all. It feels old and dated. The previous forum was nicer. Also where are the status updates?!
Old 10-27-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by uh0h50
Horrible. Just horrible. What was the reason for this "upgrade"? Hate to say this, but I probably won't be renewing my paid membership.
I'm with you man. The old site was waaaaaaay better than this one. Such a downgrade...
Old 10-27-2016, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dv55xc
I'm with you man. The old site was waaaaaaay better than this one. Such a downgrade...
Attached Thumbnails The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread-screen-shot-2016-10-27-11.05.02-pm.png  
Old 10-28-2016, 12:44 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Some people still cannot see my photo in the Vintage photo thread (last shown in post 2262). It appeared to be a permissions problem, but Jason said above it was resolved. Sam (admin) and Jim (mod) could see it, but not others as of last night. I used the BB code copy from my gallery to the thread. I'm going to copy it here and see what happens.

EDIT - here it is.

Last edited by MsPerky; 10-28-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:48 AM

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,571 Posts

^ OK, I can see it.

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread