Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 10:41 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by mpoganski
It seems like the search function is no longer easy to use...

Entering a captcha every time I need to search and having to try and decipher exactly what I need to enter is not enjoyable..
You shouldn't need to enter a captcha when searching. Are you using the search box on the top-right of the site (under your uisername) or our Advanced Search page?

Originally Posted by LordSovereign
bugs with the private messaging system.
Can you please describe any specific bugs you've come across? The more details we have, the faster we can roll out a fix.

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Some people still cannot see my photo in the Vintage photo thread (last shown in post 2262). It appeared to be a permissions problem, but Jason said above it was resolved. Sam (admin) and Jim (mod) could see it, but not others as of last night. I used the BB code copy from my gallery to the thread. I'm going to copy it here and see what happens.

EDIT - here it is. (picture)
We're looking into this and hope to have a fix soon.

Originally Posted by Rich 3
My obervations for what they are worth:

Sent PM'S not appearing in the sent box - so you don't know if they have been sent and received or not.

PM stating 100% full all the time and having to delete previous PM's before trying to send a new one (see above!)

Log In password locking me out for no apparent reason, and then having to reset it (OK no big deal, but an inconvenience none the less, as are the above).

In my experience this the same as all so called technical 'upgrades' - i.e. more hassle than it is worth, with the end user having to suffer all the bugs that should have been addressed in the development phase.
As you noted, you're likely not receiving the Sent PMs due to the restrictions on how many Private Messages you can hold. Right now, we've set the PM box for Registered Users like yourself to hold a total of 500 PMs. Members and Gold Members have room for 5,000 and 10,000 PMs, respectively. If this continues to be an issue though, we can raise all those limits.

Originally Posted by DaGou
My avatar still among the missing.
Fixed! You should now be able to see your avatar again.

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
Where do I find the check box to stay logged in?
When you're logging in, just click the "Remember Me?" box next to the username/password fields and you'll be all set.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it aint broke dont fix it!
I think this new S2KI site was designed by an MX5 owner out of spite !
Can we please have a toggle to switch back to the original.
The following users liked this post:
vtecmom (10-29-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, IB Jason. Is there an option for a "conversation view" for PMs where all the replies to/from the same recipient are visible and in chronological order? Right now I have to swap between the Inbox and Sent folders.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:22 AM
IB Staff

We just pushed a fix that should resolve the issue of some photos not being visible to some members in specific sections. If you still can't see them, please let me know.

Originally Posted by Grilla
Hi, IB Jason. Is there an option for a "conversation view" for PMs where all the replies to/from the same recipient are visible and in chronological order? Right now I have to swap between the Inbox and Sent folders.
Unfortunately, vBulletin does not offer a conversation view for PMs. We realize how much everyone liked that view (I did too!), but we don't yet have solid answer on whether this is something we can replicate down the line.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 973 Likes on 666 Posts

Twenty words in a signature is too may and cannot be more tha 4 lines which may aritratily be broken byt the software somewhere but you'll never know because it doesn't show you where. Phuleese! Nobody is using portable formum software but they are using FaceBook. This is the buggiest vBulletin release yet.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:27 PM

Received 2,593 Likes on 1,569 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
We just pushed a fix that should resolve the issue of some photos not being visible to some members in specific sections. If you still can't see them, please let me know.
Jason - so far one person (registered user) says she still can't see my photo.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This new site sucks - How do I get my $20 back, as it is a waste of money this year.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Your avatar is definitely there.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:59 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Twenty words in a signature is too may and cannot be more tha 4 lines which may aritratily be broken byt the software somewhere but you'll never know because it doesn't show you where. Phuleese! Nobody is using portable formum software but they are using FaceBook. This is the buggiest vBulletin release yet.
On your User CP's Edit Signature page, you can find a preview of your signature at the top that will show it exactly how it will display on the forum. This should help you estimate where the line breaks are (or you can add your own).

Sorry this is so difficult for us to pin down! Please ask those affected to try clearing their browser's cookies and cache. If they still have trouble, I'm happy to help them one-on-one via Private Message.

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000
This new site sucks - How do I get my $20 back, as it is a waste of money this year.
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I'll reach out to you via Private Message regarding a refund.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I started to edit my CT Garage Sale thread. In the first section, I made edits, by deleting some, but when i saved the changes I received a message that there were 13000 characters and only 10000 were allowed and that there were too many pictures. It required that I reduce the size to save it, so I just cancelled the changes and it went back to what I had, before the upgrade. Previously existing threads should not be subject to the size limits or just limited to not increasing.

I edited a smaller post in the thread, but now, what appears to be lines of code, show up on the saved post. (Such as [SIZE="3"]Additional pictures added[/SIZE][COLOR=&amp][SIZE="3"]) I cannot delete those lines - they do not show up when editing, just when the changes have been saved.

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread