South Florida Owners from South Florida

SCCA Track Night

Old 04-21-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Default SCCA Track Night

I went to one this week at PBIR with a couple of work buddies. Didn't drive, I was taking photos and checking out how they run their event. Met a couple of s2k owners who were driving, but not sure if any of them post on here...

Not a bad way to kill an afternoon/evening. Sure beats the hell out of being in the office. May have to sign up for one for real. They do these about once a month - next one is May 24.

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/e...m-beach-may-24
Old 04-22-2016, 03:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may go do the May 24th one just to test the car before the next big weekend.
I've heard good and bad, it does suck that you can't get an instructor if you want one, so bad habits can be learned very quickly.

For $150 you get a ton of seat time.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:30 AM

My understanding from this event was that there were some instructors available, but not every Novice is assigned one (and there isn't a 1:1 ratio).
Old 04-28-2016, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess the price being so low is because it's during the week?

I am a slave to work mon to fri. If I can manage to escape I wouldn't mind to just go and check out how things are run and familiarize myself with PBIR.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

I don't run those events, for a number of reasons. There are plenty of track days and nights on the weekends between homestead and palm beach.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:30 AM

Ricky, are you referring to the timing or the organization itself?

Yeah, I certainly didn't get the same level of confidence that I get from a PCA or PBOC event (they keep everything on lockdown), but the # of participants was small enough I wouldn't feel bad driving either of my cars with them.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc

I am a slave to work mon to fri. If I can manage to escape I wouldn't mind to just go and check out how things are run and familiarize myself with PBIR.
One thing I did like at the SCCA event was the open/parade lap session that they do at 6pm. Anyone at the track who signed a waiver could take their car out for pace laps. No cost. They put instructors at the head of the line, and at the back. We certainly didn't go barreling down the straights, but you had more than enough room to enjoy the turns a bit. As someone who hasn't driven at PBIR, it was a great track orientation, IMO.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbrig
Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc' timestamp='1461863508' post='23951384

One thing I did like at the SCCA event was the open/parade lap session that they do at 6pm. Anyone at the track who signed a waiver could take their car out for pace laps. No cost. They put instructors at the head of the line, and at the back. We certainly didn't go barreling down the straights, but you had more than enough room to enjoy the turns a bit. As someone who hasn't driven at PBIR, it was a great track orientation, IMO.
Thats sounds similar to what I had done at NJMP for Hyperdrive but better. I had a run with an instructor and pace car. It was a good way to get my feet wet and learn the track. By the last couple of laps I was having some fun around turns but not getting ahead of myself.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

They don't have a novice-only run group where you have an instructor in the car. They only run at palm beach. They'll let literally anyone in any car drive.

Not a big fan.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:59 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone!??!!!

Quick Reply: SCCA Track Night