Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Brake Booster Recall

Old 09-27-2016, 11:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to follow up on this thread.
Nothing happened at all. A case manager from US Honda opened a file but has done nothing thus far in terms of getting in touch with RH Honda.
I might call up a different Honda tomorrow.. Maple Honda maybe
Old 09-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by oooS2ooo
Originally Posted by Hfreak' timestamp='1474586582' post='24068004
After purchasing a MY06 this spring I went to my local dealership about the recall, they had no clue as it was a US car.

I then called Honda in the US and started a file on the recall and was told that I would be contacted by my local dealer to perform the recall once they updated the ownership details in their system. Six months later, absolutely nothing. My dealership has heard nothing either.

Strange. Mine was diagnosed after 3 days I talked to Honda US
I will have to follow up on it, I have two with the recall notice and nothing from Honda USA.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might help...I went to Whitby Oshawa Honda couple years ago to get change the battery. While i was there, i told one of the reps that my car was on the brake booster recall list and what i should do to get it fixed. She verified with my vin in her system and confirmed that it was on the recall list, she told me to register my car on honda.ca and just to call in to schedule an apointment and they would take care of it.

Give Whitby Oshawa Honda a call. FYI i never got mine done.