Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

New Certification rules...

Old 01-20-2016, 10:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Some of the things on this list are probably due to:

1) lots of aftermarket parts are cheap and could potentially cause the vehicle to go out of control. Cause damage to another vehicle etc.

2) people do their own shit work and don't install the parts using common sense.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this kind of says it doesn't really matter. https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen..._through_that/
Old 01-20-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by GoP-Demon
this kind of says it doesn't really matter. https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen..._through_that/
Pretty much what I'm implying with this:

Originally Posted by fernando.
This will apply when you're trying to get a safety though - I doubt cops/mto are going to follow you around to see if you're lowered, lifted, have air bags, ect.

When MTO pulled me over in the summer the only thing he checked was if I had a cat, that's it, he even said "I bet you take this thing to a race track, look at those monstrous tires." <--- referring to my 255 square setup. LOL.
If someone brings me a tastefully modified car and it passes all the mechanical (ie: ball joints, tie rods, bearings, ect) inspections, I'll gladly sign the safety. If some shitbox with ebay coilover sleeves, zip-tied bumpers and replica parts galore comes though, I'm not touching it.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:37 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by GoP-Demon' timestamp='1453336207' post='23858368

This will apply when you're trying to get a safety though - I doubt cops/mto are going to follow you around to see if you're lowered, lifted, have air bags, ect.

When MTO pulled me over in the summer the only thing he checked was if I had a cat, that's it, he even said "I bet you take this thing to a race track, look at those monstrous tires." <--- referring to my 255 square setup. LOL.
If someone brings me a tastefully modified car and it passes all the mechanical (ie: ball joints, tie rods, bearings, ect) inspections, I'll gladly sign the safety. If some shitbox with ebay coilover sleeves, zip-tied bumpers and replica parts galore comes though, I'm not touching it.
Does it help if they have Band-Aid stickers on the body, lol.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by GoP-Demon' timestamp='1453336207' post='23858368

Are you licensed Fernando?
Old 01-20-2016, 05:32 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
Are you licensed Fernando?
Yeah, I am.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:35 AM

Quebec has been at this for a couple years. They are getting sent back in for safeties with loud exhaust, overly lowered cars and stretched tires. They have implemented getting the car towed in off the road and are targeting car meets. Some people just ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would happen if they forced an inspection and it was found to be all okay? Would there be any repricussions? Any way to recieve compensation for the hassle?

Trust me im all for getting the junkers and crap off the road, but what if they showed up to a car meet and flagged everyone?
Old 01-21-2016, 10:03 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CR EH
What would happen if they forced an inspection and it was found to be all okay? Would there be any repricussions? Any way to recieve compensation for the hassle?

Trust me im all for getting the junkers and crap off the road, but what if they showed up to a car meet and flagged everyone?
I think they would have to have rightful cause to warrant a safety inspection. If you're car didn't have a muffler or tires were bald etc. What happens if you get flagged by CRA for taxes and you prove them wrong and that your taxes are correct.... Sweet fuk all!!!
Old 01-21-2016, 03:39 PM

It works a little different in Quebec, They have the SAAQ which is only certain garages can do, not like here where every garage can do safeties. And they are very strike. I sold my m3 with coil overs and the new owner was forced to put factory suspension back on. And theres never any compensation.

Quick Reply: New Certification rules...