Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

2018 TMP (Cayuga) Track Days

Old 06-23-2016, 09:42 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by d1000rr
Not the fastest or cleanest runs but here's a vid from last night.
Nick in front of me in the Monda and Dino in his AP1.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hACGqK8yQ&feature=youtu.be[/media]
You need to disable vsa. I think that's what's flashing on your dash constantly.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Dang you fast. Dang, that Monda is even faster.

What's your setup?
The Monda is a beast on the track! Nick man handles that thing.... looks super fun to drive

My setup... in a nut shell is HSD coils, J's baffled oil pan, Carbotech pads, K&N intake, berk hfc, hondata, eibach fsb, wing, full front splitter, ss brake lines, rpf1's w/ Proxes R1Rs...
I still have a few things that need to be installed and i need an alignment...

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Man I love the sound of my car lol. no abs smoke ftw!!!
I need an alignment
Do you have a catch can?

Ya I had it on.... I forgot.
I usually leave it on at the beginning cause my tires were cold when we first went out. Once i get heat through them I turn it off but then my car started running out of gas and I had to pull in anyways lol
Old 06-23-2016, 10:29 AM

Yeah I have a catch can. It's definitely momentary tire lockup. Puts a whole new meaning to threshold braking. Still getting use to the new brake pads.

I want to go back for tomorrow's session but need an alignment as well. Pain in the butt to hook up the trailer and drag the car to a shop, unload and reload it.... And all that before 5pm.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Monda is a beast on the track! Nick man handles that thing.... looks super fun to drive

My setup... in a nut shell is HSD coils, J's baffled oil pan, Carbotech pads, K&N intake, berk hfc, hondata, eibach fsb, wing, full front splitter, ss brake lines, rpf1's w/ Proxes R1Rs...
I hit a nasty divot at TMP right before the kink the last time and finally decided to throw out the factory alignment. Hoping to get back on TMP on July 11th and crack a new personal best. Only my 2nd time out there!

I'm running Carbotech XP10s front and rear - my rears were always hotter than my fronts at TMP by at least 15 degrees Celsius. How do you like the Carbos? I love my set but they screech like a banshee.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Yeah I have a catch can. It's definitely momentary tire lockup. Puts a whole new meaning to threshold braking. Still getting use to the new brake pads.

I want to go back for tomorrow's session but need an alignment as well. Pain in the butt to hook up the trailer and drag the car to a shop, unload and reload it.... And all that before 5pm.
You got a plate on the car... just drive it!
I wish I was closer to TMP because their open lapping schedule works better with my work schedule.

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Originally Posted by d1000rr' timestamp='1466705596' post='24000608

I hit a nasty divot at TMP right before the kink the last time and finally decided to throw out the factory alignment. Hoping to get back on TMP on July 11th and crack a new personal best. Only my 2nd time out there!

I'm running Carbotech XP10s front and rear - my rears were always hotter than my fronts at TMP by at least 15 degrees Celsius. How do you like the Carbos? I love my set but they screech like a banshee.
I'm running the XP10's in the front and the xp8's in the rear... I'm getting some good fade at the end of the straight so I'm gonna look at getting the xp14's i think soon.
And yes the squeal like crazy when driving in the city but they don't dust as much as some of the other pads which I like...
Old 06-23-2016, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Deano is hauling ass
Old 06-24-2016, 06:43 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Not the fastest or cleanest runs but here's a vid from last night.
Nick in front of me in the Monda and Dino in his AP1.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hACGqK8yQ&feature=youtu.be[/media]
Great vid. That Monda sure does accelerate.

You also gave me some new ideas to try next time I'm out. the 1:23.xxx is pretty sweet. I feel I could get there, but am stuck in the 1:24.xxx, and my last time out was even more pathetic.

Pretty sure I'm going on Monday July 11 for the day session, if anybody else can make it.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:51 AM

I might be able to make it for the day session on the 11th. Won't know till closer to the date.

By best that night was a 1:22.4. Lap timer wasn't working for a couple sessions. Dino is quicker in the corners and I catch up on the straights
Currently my best lap is 1:21.7 in the MONDA.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 80% sure I'm good for July 11th. Hoping to improve from my last outing! Would love to meet more s2ki members. I've only really seen Ramesh, Saad and Les.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:17 AM

go on a wednesday night so i can come!

Quick Reply: 2018 TMP (Cayuga) Track Days