Southern Ontario For Sale Items for sale by Members in Southern Ontario
Mark this thread as Sold

Posting in for sale section

Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Posting in for sale section

1. You must be a paying member in good standing of S2Ki.com to post in the For Sale forums.

Commercial posts will be removed. If you want to sell commercially or advertise here your going to have to pay to become a site sponsor. This includes parting-out vehicles either as an individual or a business. You must be a sponsor to part out vehicles.

Vehicle part outs and the selling of OEM parts - If you are selling OEM body panels, or any part that originally came with a VIN identification sticker, be prepared to show the stickers intact if the potential buyer asks. Part out of vehicles must have all VIN stickers intact, this is to protect yourself and our members. If you purchase an item without an intact VIN sticker, report the seller to the mods and admins. This includes verification of proof of ownership.

2. There are to be NO third-party for sale threads. You may only sell your own property. Members continually selling multiple parts of the same type may be asked to become a sponsor.

3. When making a For Sale post, please include the following information in the Original Post (OP):

Use this as a template:

Means of Contact:
Description:
Price plus OBO is acceptable but no listings without an asking price.
Pictures are very helpful to your buyers.
Do not be lazy and paste a link from another webpage, such as ebay or copy and paste from another ad. Such postings will be removed.

Be clear and to the point, This format is to help you sell your items and to help the buyers with their decision to purchase.

4. You must post a price, no "testing the waters" or "gauging interest" and no PM for offer or auction style threads will be permitted. You have made the decision to sell so you must state an asking price.

5. Negative comments about a person or their parts will be edited/deleted; this includes "helpful" pricing advice. If you have evidence that the seller is a con artist or a bad seller, PM a For Sale moderator and they will take the appropriate action.

6. Please do not post offers publicly, your post will be edited/deleted. Send the seller a PM instead.

7. Do not spam your parts in other people's for sale threads. If you have something to sell, start your own thread.

8. Do not post multiple threads for the same item.

9. Your thread will only get locked or deleted for a reason. If you start another thread about the same thing you will be suspended. PM a For Sale moderator if you have any questions before posting here.

10. Our goal is to keep the ads clean and we would prefer no bumping of threads and no nonsense posting.

Excessive s may get deleted. />

Some tips to help to you from getting scammed

1. BUY & SELL LOCALLY if possible, you can see the product in person.

2. Contact the Community Organizer or post in the regional forum and see if the local people know the seller. If they know where he lives, even better.

3. If seller has very few posts, find reputable members who know him and his address.

4. Get seller's home phone number and verify it by calling. A phone number is better than nothing.

5. Do hw on the person, search his/her posts.

6. If you're selling and have many people interested, sell it to someone who is a member rather than a guest (a cc# is required and a trace is better than being left in the dark)

7. If skeptical, have the seller take a picture of the item with his/her username, date, and time. I know of a forum that requires this.
7a. If skeptical, don't buy. />

8. If you're selling, make sure the check, money order, or paypal is cleared into your account before shipping (DUH)

9. Use Common Sense, if the price is too good to be true .... cmon now.

10. Pay with a credit card if going through paypal. Paypal does not help as much as a credit card company will.

Be very careful when dealing with a guest, especially one that contacts you to buy from or trade. Do some research, check their post history and if they are active in their local community. The forum has very little info on guests, seller beware.

Disclaimer

S2KI assumes no responsibility for any transaction conducted on these forums and makes no claim or assurance about the reliability or honesty of buyers and sellers. If you choose to buy or sell merchandise using the S2KI website you do so at your own risk. You agree to take all necessary precautions to ensure a satisfactory experience including:
  • Retain all packaging and documentation including shipping docs, receipts and printed copies of all messages transmitted or received.
  • Purchase sufficient insurance and delivery confirmation services
  • Obtain sufficient contact information to resolve any possible problem. We will not provide names, addresses or phone numbers. You need to get this information yourselves.
In addition you agree to resolve any problem you experience with a transaction initiated on S2KI as quickly as possible and by a means other than the S2KI forums such as by telephone. Do not drag S2KI into your mess.

Disputes

Disputes and complaints brought to S2KI regarding the sale or exchange of merchandise will result in the immediate suspension of selling privileges on S2KI of ALL parties involved including yourself! No member shall engage in selling or buying of merchandise while involved in an unresolved dispute. You will be required to provide sufficient proof to satisfy us that the matter is fully resolved before we consider reactivating your account. Reactivation is not assured and is at our sole discretion. In other words complaining to S2KI about a transaction should be considered the last resort.

Using HONDA Trademarks

The use of HONDA owned trademarks on or in connection with your product or item is not permitted without a license to use those marks. This rule will be strictly enforced, all threads promoting a product or service bearing such marks will be removed.

A couple of words from cthree on protecting yourself...
There are steps you can take to avoid the possibility of being ripped off. I'm going to list from top to bottom the things I can think of to prevent being taken, whether you are a member or not.

- Buy from someone you know personally. You knwo where they live, you have shared friends, you can kidnap their family dog and hold it for ransom.

- When it's really important use escrow.com. They are a licenced escrow service that offers small and large ticket escrow services for surprisingly little online with little fuss. This is the most secure way to handle a transaction with someone you dont know (and maybe even many you do). If it's worth more than $2000 then you should consider this seriously.

- Pay by credit card. When a vendor charges your card the proof that they delivered the product or service is entirely on them. If you call your credit card company and tell them you didn't get what you were promised then they will require the merchant to prove to them that they did and if they can't they will literally take the money out of the merchants bank account (this is called a chargeback). Some cards offer a form of buyer protection beyond this. You'll need to check your agreement with them for details. If the seller doesn't take credit cards then...

- Pay by PayPal and only pay to verified accounts. Those are accounts that PayPal has verified the bank account and address for. You can file a dispute with PayPal id you get ripped off and they will make the vendors life miserable (this is what all of the PayPal complaining is about). If the seller doesn't take PayPal or is not a verified member then...

- Take your chances.

Those are the ONLY ways I know of to take steps to protect yourselves from being ripped off (as a buyer and as a seller). Membership doesn't offer much. I know what information I have and it doesn't amount to poop so asking me to help when you do get taken isn't going to get you far. I have a PayPal account ID, maybe a credit card number and maybe (if they didn't lie or skip it) a name and address. I have no way to know that any of this information is valid.

DO NOT:

Send a cashiers check, money order, cash or any other instrument of cash that cannot be recalled, voided or reversed. If you are a seller, don't take any form of payment that can be recalled, voided or reversed by the seller. I exclude credit cards and PayPal here because you at least get to prove your case (shipping documents, etc.).

These things I have said before in many topics and they hold true today, tommorow and the next day. The responsibility for a smooth and fair transaction rests with those involved. Be sceptical and buy defensively. If you don't have confidence that the transaction is legit then walk away and let me know so I can remove the topic(s). Once the money or product has been sent there is little (read nothing) I can do to help.

s2ki is not a buy/sell service like eBay. It's not what we do or why we exist. The FS forum is for the convenience of members but any transactions you choose to undertake are entirely at your risk.