Sponsor S2000 Electronics and S2000 Audio Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Electronics and S2000 Audio products including entertainment and navigation systems

GT Motoring | Official AiM Data Systems Dealer

Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT Motoring | Official AiM Data Systems Dealer

We are proud to announce that we just recently became an AiM dealer. We have been really impressed with AiMs products and have started to gravitate towards the AiM Solo and Solo DL units in our personal cars as well as customer cars.

The AiM SOLO is AiM's newest data component and released as the most cost-effective, technically packed data piece on the market. When creating this product, the goal was to produce a data piece that every DE student, aspiring racer, or even professional coach could use. This means the result needed to be affordable, compact, easy to install, and easy to use. AiM has succeeded in every aspect.

More than just a lap timer, the SOLO is a full data logger that not only shows the user how fast they are each lap, but also provides the quantitative measurements to show how to improve. Features include:

Easy Install - Using either the included screw/velcro-on mounting bracket or the optional window suction cup, the SOLO drops in your car in less than a minute. The internal battery means no wires are required to get started - power cord and CAN cable use is optional.

Laptime Display - SOLO displays driver's best lap, as well as either rolling laptime (running lap), static lap (last completed lap), or Predictive Lap. Predictive Lap is the most valuable tool for improving your driving and gives instantaneous feedback as you are driving a lap on whether you are faster or slower than your best lap. There is no other substitute for this immediate feedback.

Data Analysis - SOLO records data to be downloaded and analyzed using AiM Race Studio 2 software, one of the easier to use and powerful data software tools on the market. More than laptimes, use Race Studio 2 to show exactly where you can improve and pick up speed on the track. If the Predictive Lap display is half of the value of a data system, powerful and user-friendly analysis software is the other half, and RS2 fits the description.

Race Studio 2 Screen Shot:

Track Recognition - SOLO includes a list of the world’s main track GPS coordinates. At power up, the internal GPS in the SOLO provides a location and loads the configuration for the track you are on.

Performance Measures - SOLO can be used as a measuring tool for your car's performance - a great way to evaluate your most recent upgrade. Industry standard tests include 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, and 0-60mph, including 60' times and trap speed.

GPS Antenna - An internal GPS antenna in the SOLO provides precise location and track mapping capability and speed outputs. Additionally, a start/finish line is set so you don't have a trackside beacon to lose or forget at the track.

Solo DL - this adds the option to be able to pull data from the OBDII port on the s2000 and add it to the data logs. Great for more advanced users wanting to know the full picture.

Specs

Accelerometer tri-axial ± 6G
Size 98x78x30
Weight 220g, battery included
Display resolution 128x64
Waterproof IP65
Internal battery Rechargeable lithium battery
Battery duration Up to 4 hours with back light,
up to 6 hours without backlight
External power 12 Volt
Magnetic support Included
Memory 16 MB
Usage temperatures -20°C/+60°C

Includes software, user manual, screw-on mouting bracket (suction window mount purchased separately), USB power adaptor and USB cable, 2m lighter socket power cable, AiM decal and AiM racing guide. SOLO DL kits include either OBD II port or RS232 CAN wire-in cable.

We will have more in-depth reviews and instructional videos once the weather warms up here in Chicago!

SOLO - $399 MSRP
SOLO DL - $699 MSRP

Contact us for Availability and s2ki specials

GT Motoring accepts payment via paypal (paypal@gtmotoring.com) As well as Visa/Mastercard over the phone - (847.466.7463)
Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Please pm or email (austin@gtmotoring.com) for availability and other questions. We use the Solo DL in our own time attack s2000.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Austin,

Any chance you could share sample data (screenshots) from the DL? I'm curious to see what type of data can be pulled from the OBDII port, and more importantly, how the product and it's software interprets and presents the data (i.e. how readable is it?)

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Akuma
Austin,

Any chance you could share sample data (screenshots) from the DL? I'm curious to see what type of data can be pulled from the OBDII port, and more importantly, how the product and it's software interprets and presents the data (i.e. how readable is it?)

Thanks!
I'll see what I can do. I just got the S2000 out on track for the first time this weekend for some shakedowns, but didn't use the OBDII functions. I used them on the FR-S a lot, but have not logged with the S2000 yet. Hopefully this coming weekend I will.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
I'll see what I can do. I just got the S2000 out on track for the first time this weekend for some shakedowns, but didn't use the OBDII functions. I used them on the FR-S a lot, but have not logged with the S2000 yet. Hopefully this coming weekend I will.
Thank you !
Old 07-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Units good in stock ready to ship.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Solo units good in stock