Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

Unicorn Headers, Oval throttle ITBs & Highest Flowing Headwork

Old 05-08-2016, 06:03 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by snitm
Originally Posted by rmerchant3' timestamp='1462252142' post='23955349
I finally got my Unicorn back from ceramic coating. Installed it this evening and i'm looking forward to seeing how she does on the dyno.
Was the unicorn header painted after ceramic coated? I had my unicorn coated with Swaintech's White Lightening so mine is obviously white (and gets dirty easy)... but I thought all genuine ceramic coating is white.. maybe not?
There are many different options for Ceramic Coating. Swain is known to have the best in the industry, even one of their competitors I talked too admitted this. How ever Swain is the most brittle and the least aesthetic so their are compromises with everything. Most coatings are great and will show a huge underhood temp reduction. We didnt use Swain on our fist shop header, but noticed a significant drop in underhood temps. We will be testing swain out on our 321ss SL shop demo coming in. It will probably be a few degrees better than others, but the cost is 40% more...

The good news is we have options and options are almost always good. Please post pics of the Swain header when you can.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Sponsor

[attachment=94970:Stroker Velocity Headwork.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Unicorn Headers, Oval throttle ITBs & Highest Flowing Headwork-stroker-velocity-headwork.jpg  

Old 06-05-2016, 05:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any update on when cams will be released for a bolt on AP2?
Old 06-10-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming the DBW ITB development has been shelved?
Old 06-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by MattZ28

Originally Posted by s2sik
Sorry for missing this. Not at all. The biggest problem was having the customer replication the critical install that Gernby had to spend days figuring out.
There was a lot of Time spent setting up the throttle boundaries, cutting the drive shaft of an OEM unit and installing into the AT Power Housing. Bottom line it simple wasn't a customer repeatable process. Gernby has gone through the process twice on 2 different cars and both cars have been running for over a year.

AT Power has developed a new housing with integrated shafts and gears that can simply accept an OEM motor mechanism. That will undergo final testing soon on a Single Throttle and then we get access to to it for ITBs. We will get a Customer beta for that soon. This significantly reduces the complexity of install and gets us near plug n play. The process before was a little fabrication and a lot of trial and error.

We hope to make announcements soon for a beta.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-24-2016, 11:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by MattZ28' timestamp='1465133404' post='23985203

Sorry for missing this. Not at all. The biggest problem was having the customer replication the critical install that Gernby had to spend days figuring out.
There was a lot of Time spent setting up the throttle boundaries, cutting the drive shaft of an OEM unit and installing into the AT Power Housing. Bottom line it simple wasn't a customer repeatable process. Gernby has gone through the process twice on 2 different cars and both cars have been running for over a year.

AT Power has developed a new housing with integrated shafts and gears that can simply accept an OEM motor mechanism. That will undergo final testing soon on a Single Throttle and then we get access to to it for ITBs. We will get a Customer beta for that soon. This significantly reduces the complexity of install and gets us near plug n play. The process before was a little fabrication and a lot of trial and error.

Really looking forward to the ITB setup, let me know when you're ready for a beta tester--I have an AP2 with a Flashpro, small machine shop in my garage, and an engineering degree...
Old 07-25-2016, 05:35 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by thepoi
Originally Posted by Urge' timestamp='1465581289' post='23990213
[quote name='MattZ28' timestamp='1465133404' post='23985203']

Really looking forward to the ITB setup, let me know when you're ready for a beta tester--I have an AP2 with a Flashpro, small machine shop in my garage, and an engineering degree...
[/quote]

What about tuning? Do you have access to a good tuner?

Old 11-17-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Group buy on any of this coming? I'm intrested in the header
Old 02-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Still need those ITB's and Headwork on our car.....

Quick Reply: Unicorn Headers, Oval throttle ITBs & Highest Flowing Headwork