Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

URGE Scavenger System Launch;

Old 07-11-2015, 06:38 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

i think any one concerned with the dB reading is going to be using the STR version and a single exit.
A fly by at 75ft at the top of 2nd gear measured at 75ft please
Old 07-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
i think any one concerned with the dB reading is going to be using the STR version and a single exit.
We will work on it..

Old 07-12-2015, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1436668693' post='23677740
We will work on it..
Thanks! On a related note to the STR version,

1. I noticed the STR version of the midpipe does not expand as big as the Urge version. Is this because it does not have sound baffling? Any pros and cons given this design permutation?
2. Do you have dyno numbers of the STR version to compare with stock, test pipe, and Urge version midpipe?
3. Can we get a picture of the STR midpipe side-by-side with the stock midpipe so we can interpret whether the STR rule is fulfilled?

You guys are doing some awesome work here! Tne s2k community definitely appreciates it!

Thanks,
-Michael
Old 07-12-2015, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see some videos of this in action!
Old 07-12-2015, 04:18 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ar_mike
Originally Posted by Urge' timestamp='1436669420' post='23677747
[quote name='sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1436668693' post='23677740']
We will work on it..
Thanks! On a related note to the STR version,

1. I noticed the STR version of the midpipe does not expand as big as the Urge version. Is this because it does not have sound baffling? Any pros and cons given this design permutation?
2. Do you have dyno numbers of the STR version to compare with stock, test pipe, and Urge version midpipe?
3. Can we get a picture of the STR midpipe side-by-side with the stock midpipe so we can interpret whether the STR rule is fulfilled?

You guys are doing some awesome work here! Tne s2k community definitely appreciates it!

Thanks,
-Michael
[/quote]

1. Yes it is the reason why we could not fit sound baffling. The reason why it doesn't expand as much is that the cone has to be much longer to meet the STR rules to be with in 6" of the OEM cat. We brought it with in 5". If the STR was the same width it would contact the body.
2. I don have a dyno chart, I can see if Gernby can dig one up. But it does make the same power. Ill see if he can do some back to backs with each pipe. He made a few STRs in his original run and they did make the same power.
3. We can work on that picture as well.

Thank you..

Originally Posted by jetguy
Let's see some videos of this in action!
Gernby has plenty of videos from his original run. We will find some links..

Old 07-12-2015, 05:35 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The dyno results of this pipe have always been quite impressive.

I do not see a cat in the STR pipe. Where is it?

The STR rules try to define what a "cat" is- is it the pipe containing the cat, the catalytic material, or the expansion chambers containing the cat.

"The extents of an OE converter are defined by the expansion
chamber in which the catalyst is contained, regardless of placement
within larger exhaust sections"

That, to me, would be where the cat pipe tapers into a standard diameter (within 6" of the OEM O2 bung location would be a good rule of thumb). People discussed building a 3' long expansion chamber with the cat at the end but that isn't what the rule intends to allow. The intention is to allow moving the core of the cat downstream no more than 6".

Food for thought.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imstimpy

The STR rules try to define what a "cat" is- is it the pipe containing the cat, the catalytic material, or the expansion chambers containing the cat.

"The extents of an OE converter are defined by the expansion
chamber in which the catalyst is contained, regardless of placement
within larger exhaust sections"

That, to me, would be where the cat pipe tapers into a standard diameter (within 6" of the OEM O2 bung location would be a good rule of thumb). People discussed building a 3' long expansion chamber with the cat at the end but that isn't what the rule intends to allow. The intention is to allow moving the core of the cat downstream no more than 6".

Food for thought.
A quote from the September 2014 fastrack in response to letter #14037:

In regards to the location of non-OE catalytic converters the STAC considers the inlet to be the location where the expansion chamber begins. Additionally, there are currently no restrictions as to where the catalyst medium may be located within the assembly
This clarification pretty explicitly spells out that as long as the expansion chamber begins within (from the rule book) "within 6” (152.4 mm) of the original unit." the catalyst medium can be located anywhere within the assembly.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:14 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by korinfox
A quote from the September 2014 fastrack in response to letter #14037:

In regards to the location of non-OE catalytic converters the STAC considers the inlet to be the location where the expansion chamber begins. Additionally, there are currently no restrictions as to where the catalyst medium may be located within the assembly
This clarification pretty explicitly spells out that as long as the expansion chamber begins within (from the rule book) "within 6” (152.4 mm) of the original unit." the catalyst medium can be located anywhere within the assembly.
Thanks for that. They didn't incorporate the clarification into the 2015 rules and I forgot about the FastTrack response from last time this discussion came up. That means a 3' long expansion chamber can move the cat 3' downstream...
Old 07-12-2015, 06:29 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

is there a hanger welded to the mid pipes anywhere?(I see that there is rubber hanger in the 3rd picture just chilling by itself)
Old 07-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by imstimpy

The Cat is on the 2nd part back end of the chamber. The STR and URGE spec share the same back end. Only the front part is different to meet STR rules.
The cat is in the section behind the rear tie bar.

[attachment=82201:Connector Bottom.JPG]

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
is there a hanger welded to the mid pipes anywhere?(I see that there is rubber hanger in the 3rd picture just chilling by itself)
There is no hanger on the Mid Pipe, it is much lighter than the OEM cat and mid section. Gernby never had a hanger on his original 50 units he sold. So we didnt either.
Attached Thumbnails URGE Scavenger System Launch;-connector-bottom.jpg  

Quick Reply: URGE Scavenger System Launch;