Sponsor S2000 Suspension, Brake and Handling Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 suspension and S2000 handling products

Öhlins DFV Billet Lower Mount - Fix Your Ride Height Issues!

Old 12-25-2016, 01:33 AM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

We're still waiting on the next production run to be finished. At this point it looks like we'll be shipping first or second week of 2017. Unfortunately it looks like we've underestimated demand, and only have enough material to produce another 25 sets, with 2/3 of the current batch now pre-sold. If you'd like a set soon, please order ASAP as we will not be able to guarantee how many will be stocked (if any) at this point after production is finished.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Sponsor

Old 01-19-2017, 12:02 AM
Sponsor

Check out our newly release FPSpëc Öhlins DFV suspension. More than just a revalved standard kit, this is a fully re-engineered long stroke suspension with significantly more rear travel, floating top hats and our popular billet low profile rear mount. Most importantly each and every kit is specifically tailored to your individual needs with any swift springs included in the price along with damping curves to match! Every component of the FPSpëc suspension was overhauled to provide the ultimate road & track damper.

Check out the main thread here:
Introducing the FPSpëc Long-Stroke Öhlins DFV

Old 01-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Sponsor

Old 01-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Sponsor

Old 01-27-2017, 07:31 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Damn, I wish I had seen these on the introductory run. I had to do this a couple years ago, but would rather swap the cup.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Damn, I wish I had seen these on the introductory run. I had to do this a couple years ago, but would rather swap the cup.
It's not too late

(but yes, there's lots of wasted space with the stock cups... you're already out of adjust-ability.

PS What rate springs and helper are you running? I'm curious to run some numbers on your setup.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:31 PM

13k/10k springs. The rear is a zero-rate spring.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
13k/10k springs. The rear is a zero-rate spring.
This is the opposite direction ... you want more compression stroke not less, so a collapsible helper is the opposite of what you want to do. With that rear rate (we'd need to know more specifics about your car... you can email us info@sakebombgarage.com) you actually want to ADD preload to gain compression travel, right now you've added essentially anti-preload, and are most likely riding around solely on your bump stops.

The secondary issue is that you're out of ability to lower the car... but that's a much less pressing matter than the current shock performance. We can help you fix this...
Old 01-31-2017, 05:27 AM

You asked my spring rate, not the car setup, but I don't need any help with the suspension setup and I've done well with it. I'm not riding on the bump stops, I've only dropped it about a 1/4" and stiffened the spring rate. I was out of the ability to lower the car before the helpers, which is why they're in there.

As for the helper, that was the only option I had at the time. I don't want to add any preload. I was looking at these cups to give me more travel (although not much) by removing the helpers.

I was only interested in the cups...

Quick Reply: Öhlins DFV Billet Lower Mount - Fix Your Ride Height Issues!