Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Music City Gamers

Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My pc can hardly handle day to day stuff, so a game is out the window lol

Well, its not that bad, but no pc games for me(yet)
Old 06-21-2010, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For several years now (~10), I would do a new build with latest and greatest at least every year. Sometimes I would go under that but most the time it was right at a year. I guess when I turned 30 last year I wised up a bit and stopped doing it. It's really sad to me that I have half the fair market value of my s2000 in a flipping computer system and I don't even have the new i core processors in my junk, lol.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:46 AM

Im sure its a killer setup then!! Atleast Id hope it is

I just need to get another 3gb stick of memory and I'll be happy.

How do PC's work with gaming as far as gamertags, like xbox and ps3? If so, I will edit and add a PC gamertags list
Old 06-21-2010, 05:02 AM

Steam http://store.steampowered.com/ is a HUGE one, probably the biggest out of any of the other computer games. It has also just went cross platforms with MAC and they are porting games every week that will work with MAC's (Like portal, Team Fortress 2, etc.) People use/can use steam and steams' community/overlay for just about all of their PC games. You still have your internal "friends" type lists in other games I.E. Battlefield: Bad Company II. You create an online profile in the game and you have buddy lists and stuff. I think Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is about to have dedicated servers so a profile setup will probably be just like battlefields. Even if you have these buddy lists, steam allows you to communicate and organize on a whole different level (besides you can purchase thousands of games through steam, some of which Valve has actually created.

The other really neat thing about steam:

If you purchase a game through it, no matter what computer you're on or where you are... You can download and play your steam games by just logging in with your username/password. So if I went to your house and wanted to show you a new game, say BF:BC2, I could just load steam on your computer, download/install BF and start it up. It works on cloud type technology as well so a lot of games your stats, achievements and saved stuff is with it. It's really neat yet some think it's a bit to monopolized on their side.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 AM

I see, thats pretty cool though. A childhood friend was huge into PC gaming back in teh day, Not sure if he still games or not. I hardn'y touch my 360 anymore, girl, car, working out is higher on the list of things to do

But, The 360 will be nice to have come winter, thats when I play the most now adays.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 AM

Anyone on here play Forza 3?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 AM

i use to alot. let me know if your looking for any cars. i have almost all of them.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by s2khiro,Sep 10 2010, 07:01 AM
i use to alot. let me know if your looking for any cars. i have almost all of them.
LOL me too! I've got 10 million in my bank account after buying 50 million dollars worth of cars (I've owned it since day one.) We need to host some sort of Xbox car meet.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:25 AM

i have clearwire at home so i lag sometimes thats why i only play halo and call of duty by myself. do you have the spirit r?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by s2khiro,Sep 10 2010, 07:25 AM
i have clearwire at home so i lag sometimes thats why i only play halo and call of duty by myself. do you have the spirit r?
No. But only because none of the unicorn cars interest me.

Quick Reply: Music City Gamers