Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Tennessee Community Organizer (CO) Nominations

Old 01-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Tennessee Community Organizer (CO) Nominations

Hello, Tennessee! MM3Kwolik is moving to Texas so it's time to pass his CO torch. Thank you Jordan for all you've done for the Tennessee S2000 community.

So who would you all like to see be your next CO? FWIW, one does not necessarily have to be a CO to plan cruises, drives, etc. (events in general). Everyone is free and sometimes encouraged to do that. With that in mind...

Originally Posted by HondaGal
The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.
Please keep in mind that once someone is nominated, there's no need to nominate them again (that's what the subsequent poll thread is for). If you are nominated but aren't interested in serving as CO, please state so. We'll leave this nomination thread open for about a week. Once the nominees have been selected, a poll thread will be opened.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel like Lane would be a good CO. (lane_viper) I know he's a busy guy, but he still has an S2000 which I don't think he will ever get rid of and he is still active on the site. He's already helped arrange and has arranged meet ups in the past.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:02 AM
Community Organizer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for the Nod Jordan. That's a super nice gesture.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I Nominate Rob (Liquidsation) as he has last I heard 3 S2k's and is still pretty active here.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:15 AM

I know I haven't been around much lately, but it appears, I'd this s2000 is around when I get back, I'll be back in one.

Not sure if I can jump in the running, or get back to being a CO again since I have been one before, but if no one wants to do so, I would.

But both labe and rob would be good options. Rob is the s2000 whore here locally.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I am an S2000 whore for sure, not so sure I could commit to logging in enough and keeping my big mouth shut about issues on the forum. Things like this "act as a liaison with S2Ki.com" and this more importantly this "have troublesome accounts suspended or removed" have me thinking I may not be the best person to address these actions.

We have a very unique community here with such a mix of people with and without S2000s is what I like about it. Plus the forums provide us a wealth of information about our cars and I have met a lot of friends over the years. Lane and Matt are both good selections as long as they are willing.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Administrator

The S2000 ownership prerequisite is a controversial topic. I believe the consensus was that CO nominees need to be current S2000 owners, however it is ultimately up to the community. That post I quoted above is a little obsolete, like we don't even have badges and member lists anymore.

Anyhow, so we have lane_viper and s2kAtTracks so far. Any other nominations?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:32 AM

If thats the rule, thats the rule. I wont be mad. I hope I am back in a s2000 in the next month or so, but we will see.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Administrator

It's not really a rule, at least it's not set in stone. Like Liquidsation mentioned, the Tennessee S2000 community is unique, as is every community. That's why it's up the community to elect who you all think is the appropriate candidate for the position.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:35 AM

Fair enough. We do have a good group around. Many past owners still active etc

Quick Reply: Tennessee Community Organizer (CO) Nominations