Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

(ATX) Upcoming Events for March & April 2016: Dinners and Drives

Old 03-02-2016, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (ATX) Upcoming Events for March & April 2016: Dinners and Drives

S2000 Enthusiasts and Friends!

Events we have had so far this year 2016: In January, we had another fabulous BBQ B'Fast at Snow's in Lexington followed by a short drive, for those early birds, with plenty of photo stops! February, we had a dinner at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse with a great turnout.

Here is what we have in store for March and April, now that the weather is warming up!:

March 3, Thursday: we’re going to Cobb Tuning First Thursday – weather permitting. If you haven’t been to this monthly event, you are missing a great evening with free food and all makes and models of cars – not just those tuned by Cobb. You’ll see some pretty cool stuff here most months, and we’ve done well with S2000 attendance too. This is an informal free show, gets started around 6:30 and runs until 8 or 9. Come for a few minutes, or stay for the duration and see what comes and goes. http://www.cobbtuning.com/

March 6, Sunday: Leander Car Show. This show is put on by the City of Leaner. It starts at 10am and goes until 1pm, although it really starts to end about noon. Free, casual, informal, display your car, and come and go anytime you want. There's music and a few things to eat.

March 10, Thursday: Our monthly dinner this week, rain or shine, Thurs. March 10, at The County Line at 2222 and 360, chat and look at cars at 6:30 p.m., then seating for dinner at 7pm. Confirm here on this forum. And like all our dinners, friends are welcome no matter what the car.

March 13, Sunday: the monthly Cars and Coffee car show at The Oasis – weather permitting. 300-400 cars every month. Informal, free. This show is at 10am also. To show your car, you have to get there extremely early, no later than 9am.

April 3, Sunday: Leander Car Show. This show is put on by the City of Leaner. It starts at 10am and goes until 1pm, although it really starts to end about noon. Free, casual, informal, display your car, and come and go anytime you want. There's music and a few things to eat.

April 7, Thursday: Cobb Tuning First Thursday – weather permitting. If you haven’t been to this monthly event, you are missing a great evening with free food and all makes and models of cars – not just those tuned by Cobb. You’ll see some pretty cool stuff here most months, and we’ve done well with S2000 attendance too. This is an informal free show, gets started around 6:30 and runs until 8 or 9. Come for a few minutes, or stay for the duration and see what comes and goes. http://www.cobbtuning.com/

April 9, Saturday: Our "Bluebonnet Drive". Greg C. aka OkyS2K, is testing the drive route. We will have an exit point about 1/3 of the way through for folks who want to have a shorter day. See the separate post for our drive!

---CANCELLED BY CARS & COFFEE--- Car Show--the monthly Cars and Coffee car show at The Oasis – weather permitting. 300-400 cars every month. Informal, free. This show is at 10am also. To show your car, you have to get there extremely early, no later than 9am.

---Moved to May ---New schedule coming soon...April Dinner TBD: S2K Dinner, we will have our monthly dinner. I'm planning on Waterloo - Burnet Rd.or possibly a new fun thing-- Check back!

See you soon!
Alex
Grasshopper123 – 2003 GPW

Last edited by Grasshopper123; Today at 09:06 PM.

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Old 03-05-2016, 12:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been wanting to go on a cruise lately. It's getting into top down weather!
Old 03-05-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by slooshie
I've been wanting to go on a cruise lately. It's getting into top down weather!
We'll be discussing our next drive at our upcoming dinner at The County Line this coming Thursday, March 10, if you can make it, and meet some of our group.

Alex
Old 03-06-2016, 05:55 AM

I'm looking forward to meeting folks for the first time at the County Line on the 10th.
-Jimbo
Old 03-06-2016, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by JRumble
I'm looking forward to meeting folks for the first time at the County Line on the 10th.
-Jimbo

Great! See you there!

Alex
Old 03-10-2016, 06:27 PM

We had a good turnout tonight in spite of the weather. If anyone couldn't make it this time, we will be having another dinner in April. Check back soon!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:29 AM

Let me know if you need ideas on routes. I'm ridden with sport bike rider groups for a long time and have learned all of the best Hill Country roads.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:22 AM

Looking forward to our drive Saturday, April 9. We've incorporated some new roads too!
Old 04-10-2016, 02:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In for the next dinner meet..
Old 04-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Greyout
In for the next dinner meet..

I'm working on the next dinner for April. Check back for the separate post.
Alex

This dinner will be in May, and i will post new schedule soon too.

Quick Reply: (ATX) Upcoming Events for March & April 2016: Dinners and Drives