Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Houstons Drift2k returning

Old 01-03-2015, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houstons Drift2k returning

Well hello fellow Houstook members. No the Drift2k is not dead just undergoing a huge make-over. We are now in crunch mode trying to make the 2015 Lone Star Drift FD Pro Am opening round at GGP at the end of March. So to those who have no clue about me or the car and to those who are in for updates and are like (about time).

So my name is Jeff Kurtz I have been (attempting) to drift my S2K for 6-7 years now. I started in factory form then progressed to modifying the car. In 2013 I managed to make it to round 3 of the texas FD Pro Am. I had a great time got lots of exposure for the car, even though we did not qualify. Some even claimed that we were the most improved over the day. So took a lot of experience from the event and made plans to improve on the areas that the S2k struggled. We were going to go to the last round in 2013 we had made knuckles to finally be able to put some angle into the car and had a great test day. When we were putting the car away I heard the familiar sound of a rod bearing that had let go. At this point I decided to take the following year off and build the car that I have wanted to for a long time now.

We stripped the car down to a tub, removed all under coat off the bottom of the car. I got happy with a hole saw and cutting wheel trying to replicate the Opera S2K. Removed the ABS and made all new brake lines with the hydro hand brake and added a proportion valve. Apex Autoworks updated the cage to current FD spec and resprayed the car.

The engine is comeing along nicely. F20c darton sleeved block, K24 crank, Inline Pro rods, CP Pistons, BC valves, valve springs, and Ti retainers, OEM cams VTEC locked, 50mm ITBs, 565cc fuel injectors, direct port N2O.

There is plenty of suspension items to list but I will save that for another post. The body work consists of a Spoon sports front bumper,Seibon hood and trunk, ASM rear over fenders, ARP mirrors, JDP spoiler, Ricks2k Smoked diffusers and side markers, CR s2000 emblems, Modded AP1 rear bumper and fenders, Duraflex (CWEST) style side skirts. Custom HDP splitter.

So hope that catches you all up on what has been going on hope to see some of you out at events. I am going to try and bring the car out to some of the bigger meets and maybe a car show. Aswell as try to be more productive on S2KI. Sorry I have been gone so long.

SO I will leave you with this
Old 01-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Awesome! Congrats!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Really curious to see what all you hole saw also. The opera S2000 was combo of hole saw and dimple die.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mentioned there is an event in March, is there a site we can go to find schedule of drift events in Houston to at least some watch? Good work with the car btw!
Old 01-05-2015, 11:31 AM

facebook (lone star drift)I will have the car out there running or not
Old 01-06-2015, 05:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info dude! And good luck at your next event!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:45 PM

So here is the update. The engine is assembled and in the car along with transmission. Still working on the ITB setup. ECU should be here soon and we will be able to start it. The front knuckles that we designed have gave us 51 degrees of steering (factory is 30) ackermin angle is ok but not where we want it a future design will give us 0 ackermin angle along with hopefully 60 degree of steering. I have also finished the dash install just need to finish up the sensors. The car is surprisingly light I put it on scales after the engine and trans were installed. I will let you know the final numbers once the car is in race trim and with the heavy driver.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

That dash looks great.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:00 AM

Looks good bro! What ECU are you going with?
Old 02-01-2015, 07:14 AM

Aem series 2

Quick Reply: Houstons Drift2k returning