Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Houstons Drift2k returning

Old 04-05-2015, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes we did have the car at ricebowl thanks for the support
Old 04-06-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man you have come a long way with that csr.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:52 PM

So its that time again. Getting ready for Rd.3 Lone Star Drift. We have changed the final drive to the OEM 4.11 the has good bit more MPH which will be better in the long run. We should be on the dyno Tuesday for some nitrous tuning. Getting bottles filled and picking up tires Monday. The only down side so far is that we are going to a new tire and the weather is supposed to be rainy all week,which means might not get any test time with the nitrous and the new tires. So wish us luck or stop by and say hi, I will give you all a run down of the coming weekend after the event. The event is at Gulf Greyhound Park May 16-17 $15 for spectators cover both days.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 AM

OK boys and girls here we go with the event run down of Lone Star Drift FD Pro Am RD.3.

We arrived early at Gulf Greyhound Park and got a excellent pit spot. We unloaded the trailer and set up for the weekend. Track went hot so we took the Drift2k out for some practice and did about 3 runs and found that we were between gears 3rd bogged and 2nd wasn't moving the car fast enough. So we decided to turn on the nitrous. First run out on the bottle the car worked great hit all the clips and was rolling smoke. We did some more practice though out the day.... WE ARE NOW PART OF THE NON STOP TUNING (NST) CONTENGANCE PROGRAM FOR 2015. We have been running the NST full pulley kit on our car since the engine went together it consist of the Crank, water pump, and alt. pulley. We are looking forward to work with NST to help and release the tensioner and idler pulley at the end of the season.

So Qualifying 1st run went great we ran the line the judges wanted had good smoke, speed, and angle. 2nd run I went a little to hard went really wide and had to over slow to bring the car back on line.

Qualified 7th overall out of 36 cars.

Sunday it rained just before competition we got 2 practice runs. I lead first in my top 32 battle we ran just on the motor ran a good line and put a decent gap on the follow driver. we then switched my competitor was a little slow on the run up to the first turn causing me to short shift. we had a big gap on the first turn but then sucked up and stayed with him the rest of the course. we got the win and advanced onto the top 16.

The track had now stared to dry in some areas. we lead again first I made a last minute decision to turn the nitrous on. entered the first turn and it was dry got into the throttle and then hit a wet spot and spun. knowing that we had pretty much lost the battle due to my spin I went in pretty aggressive to try and force some pressure but again the wet/dry track got me and I spun sealing the deal on that battle.

Take aways the car is working better than ever. We picked up a new sponsor, and are looking forward to Texas Motor Speedway.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:08 PM

So back from round 4. Texas Motorspeedway was awesome. We qualified 3rd. Got smashed in practice on Sunday. Car needs a door and some bodywork repaired. Had a bye run for top 32 . Whent into top 16 had a big mistake on my lead run, on my chase I couldn't get any traction on the straight away and got left. So another good qualifying run and another top16 finish.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Woot! sucks you got the door smashed but hey! top 16 is better than nothing! congrats!
Old 06-18-2015, 11:11 AM

Glad to see the drift2k doing well, congrats! Can't wait to see it again! Hopefully I can get mine out so we can both go at itd. Just waiting for the shop to slow down a little bit to start getting back on it.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:48 AM

OK boys and girls. Lone Star Drift Round 5 will be coming up August 15-16 at Mineral Wells Texas. The car Is all fixed up and shiny. We are looking forward to another new venue to us and another new area to show off the Drift2k. Wish us luck.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go get em' Jeff
Old 08-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Woot!!!

Quick Reply: Houstons Drift2k returning