Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Weekend in houston

Old 01-27-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weekend in houston

Hey guys,

I will be in Houston for 1 weekend soon and will have an extra night free to do what ever. I will be attending a wedding on Saturday night and decided to stay an extra night to enjoy the city with the Fiance! She has never been to H-town! I have been one other time but again was consumed with wedding stuff.

The good thing is it looks like weather will be in the mid 70's! So far it looks like the NASA museum if its open on Sundays and some nice seafood! Maybe take a little drive along the coast to get some food and see some waves... Any suggestions on where to eat or what to do for the day? I have a car so don't mind a little drive. Also, I haven't reserved a room for Sunday night as i wanted to keep my options open for now. I will be returning back to Dallas on Monday. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 07:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

The Autoshow is going on this weekend.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:50 PM

Thanks, that's an option! I am not sure the fiancé would enjoy it half as much as me, though! She isn't too into cars but will support my habit...
Old 01-28-2016, 12:52 PM

I have been considering a stop at Killens BBQ after reading so much, any input on that? It seems the line is extra long, maybe if we wait and go Monday morning otw back to Dallas?
Old 01-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
I have been considering a stop at Killens BBQ after reading so much, any input on that? It seems the line is extra long, maybe if we wait and go Monday morning otw back to Dallas?
I personally have never been. but if you are a BBQ junkie you should definitely go.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:56 PM

Thanks! I think we will go the Monday morning/afternoon of our return. Somebody was telling me today that I should check out the kemah (sp) boardwalk area.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
Thanks! I think we will go the Monday morning/afternoon of our return. Somebody was telling me today that I should check out the kemah (sp) boardwalk area.

That's cool, really chill also.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:51 AM

If you go to Killen's BBQ, I'd advise getting there at 10:30 to get an early spot in line. I think if you try to go in the afternoon you'll be out of luck. I think once it's gone, they're done for the day. And when you go, I think the thing to try is their beef ribs. They fall off the bone. Their brisket was just ok to me...I preferred Rudy's moist brisket over Killen's. That's me though...
Old 02-01-2016, 04:59 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by awaxx
If you go to Killen's BBQ, I'd advise getting there at 10:30 to get an early spot in line. I think if you try to go in the afternoon you'll be out of luck. I think once it's gone, they're done for the day. And when you go, I think the thing to try is their beef ribs. They fall off the bone. Their brisket was just ok to me...I preferred Rudy's moist brisket over Killen's. That's me though...
Moist,
Old 02-01-2016, 11:07 PM

So I spotted (I think) a unicorn White CR today as I was leaving Houston, I only noticed as you went left and I was merging onto the highway on the right!

With the way everything worked out, we ended up spending the night in Galveston at the San Luis Resort and it was pretty nice! I loved that all rooms had an ocean view out the back balcony and the front side (had to open front door to see) had floor to ceiling windows in which you could keep watch over the S while parked.

Lunch had Cajun Greek which was delicious! Started with some gumbo, then a shrimp po boy, the fiancé had a classic gyro.

Dinner we had late so our options were very limited so just at one of the hotel restaurants. We left Galveston and stopped for lunch today at The Brisket House because all the other barbecue joints we wanted to try were closed on Mondays or too far out of the way! The brisket was really good, as was the rest of our meal. I didn't care for the regular piece of sandwich bread that came with it, though. BBQ sauce wasn't needed, and was nothing memorable.

I had a minor incident before even arriving thanks to some jackwagon, luckily nothing too major aside from just getting it out of the shop for the fenders...Surprisingly, duct tape and Silverstone blend pretty well!

Before:

After:

Quick Reply: Weekend in houston