UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.
View Poll Results: How do you crank yours?
I like it loud, so everyone else can hear my exceptional taste in music.
26.47%
I like it quiet enough to hear and not too loud to disturb other road users / pedestrians.
50.00%
I don't use the stereo because I'd rather listen to my engine on full chat.
20.59%
There's a stereo?!
2.94%
What's this secret compartment you speak of?
0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Tunes in the S

Old 08-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunes in the S

Friday night poll time!

I like polls. Their bone structure's great. OK, so they sometimes look a little bit malnourished, but they beat obese Americans hands down.

Anyway, music in the S...

What's your volume?

The reason I ask is because I joined the M60 tonight to find myself next to a white A5 Cabriolet (at last, an Audi with its roof down!), whose tunes were very, very loud. It was a middle aged couple IIRC, with Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits on volume setting 11.

I know that some of you take audio seriously (like lovegroova, amongst others), with your impressive setups and tweeters and bass binz and whatsits. I appreciate this, especially as I'm running with a compete OEM setup, which sounds like someone screaming through a plastic bag, but I'd like to know what you do with your ICE on the road.

My right-hand's icle pinky hovers around the volume control, ready to push downwards in slower moving traffic because I don't want to appear to be 'yoof'. How about you?

Vote!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:23 PM

Normal radio settings day to day are usually 8 or 10, if I'm having a good time listening to some exceptional rock it's anything up to 28-30! I do not listen on odd numbers, can't stand it

I do turn it down during slow traffic, like tonight heading into Guildfrog I had a bit of A Day To Remember on at about 14

Only consolation in the insane traffic were the three people who commented on how nice my car was
Old 08-16-2013, 12:25 PM

All the way to 11 baby!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:26 PM

Currently blasting through b roads I have Iron maiden on pretty loud but turn it down in traffic. Then on the way home from work I have the afternoon drama on radio 4 but that doesnt really get turned up....
Old 08-16-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WRCGooseS2K
Normal radio settings day to day are usually 8 or 10, if I'm having a good time listening to some exceptional rock it's anything up to 28-30! I do not listen on odd numbers, can't stand it

I do turn it down during slow traffic, like tonight heading into Guildfrog I had a bit of A Day To Remember on at about 14
I also have to have it on even numbers, for some reason if its on odd numbers I can't relax, same with the TV volume, glad to know its not just me, friends say I'm a weirdo!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:30 PM

I do not listen on odd numbers, can't stand it
I have the very same OCD. It's either 6, 8, 10 etc. or nothing! I hit max on a run through North Wales a year and a half ago with my favourite Joy Division tunes (morbid to some, not to me) and with the wind's buffeting, suffered tinnitus for a good few days afterwards!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ROB1980
Originally Posted by WRCGooseS2K' timestamp='1376684632' post='22728604

I also have to have it on even numbers, for some reason if its on odd numbers I can't relax, same with the TV volume, glad to know its not just me, friends say I'm a weirdo!
Yes yes yes!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't care if people like my musical tastes or not. But it's just not cool to be air-bassing to Jaco Pastorius on Cucumber Slumber in public! So I turn it down and mute the bass soloing on the steering wheel.
Funny to see the kids faces when they are blasting Dubstep, and you're blasting 70 Jazz/Funk
Old 08-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB1980' timestamp='1376684915' post='22728617
[quote name='WRCGooseS2K' timestamp='1376684632' post='22728604']

Yes yes yes!
[/quote]

I also find friends/family members put it on an odd number to annoy me knowing i will change it.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:38 PM

I was lost here:

Originally Posted by CynicG
Jaco Pastorius
then here:

Originally Posted by CynicG
Cucumber Slumber
Who the fook? Is that code for something?!

Quick Reply: Tunes in the S