UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Garage Blog

Old 02-01-2014, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
Yeah good productive day today ... it only took 4 of us to fit my new side light leds

Ryan, I had gone before you deduced that your bushes were seized etc sorry to hear that, but that would explain the crabbing and the worn rear tyre, however it's good that the seller has agreed to sort you out with some financial assistance, the car will be transformed once Ray does his magic, in the mean time be very careful driving it about

Will be good to have the car in good shape especially for the Chomondley Pageant of Power day in the early summer that should be a cracking day out, we should aim to get a lot of NW folk down there make it a big deal.
Lee and I scoped out the best vantage points last year so we know where to go

I'll bring a genny and my rig so we can get people blasting round tracks in virtual S2000s
Old 02-01-2014, 02:03 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
Yeah good productive day today ... it only took 4 of us to fit my new side light leds

Ryan, I had gone before you deduced that your bushes were seized etc sorry to hear that, but that would explain the crabbing and the worn rear tyre, however it's good that the seller has agreed to sort you out with some financial assistance, the car will be transformed once Ray does his magic, in the mean time be very careful driving it about

Will be good to have the car in good shape especially for the Chomondley Pageant of Power day in the early summer that should be a cracking day out, we should aim to get a lot of NW folk down there make it a big deal.
Yeah we missed a good Photo opportunity there where's Tom when you need him and I'm sure it was 6
Old 02-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Any change in the settings when a driver is present on these cars ?
or put it another way does anyone load the car or just set at correct ride height measurements <oem> or no noticable change with the above.i know its not a requirment in the book but just wondered this,also was the caster maxed out ?
ps
doing the grinding without a ramp is a again was gonna do my rear camber bushes today,but just cleaned it instead, still cold outside
I used white grease on the toe arm geo bolts when i polyd them so should last
Old 02-02-2014, 12:25 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by noodels
Any change in the settings when a driver is present on these cars ?
or put it another way does anyone load the car or just set at correct ride height measurements <oem> or no noticable change with the above.i know its not a requirment in the book but just wondered this,also was the caster maxed out ?
ps
doing the grinding without a ramp is a again was gonna do my rear camber bushes today,but just cleaned it instead, still cold outside
I used white grease on the toe arm geo bolts when i polyd them so should last
We have talked about this a few times at meets etc, Honda don't specify weighting the car, but placing drivers weight in the car does make quite a bit of difference on the settings, but so does 1/4 of a tank of fuel to full so if you mainly drive on your own then it's worth a try to see how you get on, but then remember when you have a passenger you have unbalanced your settings again, there is a Member who runs this way, which ever way you choose will be compromised at some point, but it's mainly done for track and sprinting, the caster isn't max'ed out
Old 02-02-2014, 02:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by MB' timestamp='1391278913' post='22994193
Good stuff.

Ron's looking a bit leaner than normal there, needs a few more pounds for leverage

Who did your bolts last time?
Hahaha!! Yes mark I have been on a radical weight loss program for the start of the new season.
I'm not surprised you've lost weight Ron - licking toe arms isn't exactly very fattening is it?
Old 02-02-2014, 04:52 AM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Daytona-Dave will look into it, i do drive on my own mostly as i did with my motobikes,
do not like taking passengers they slam doors to hard,wipe inside of windows,and kick the sills on exit,and dirty the carpets just havnt got the respect as myself.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Originally Posted by s2k_Nut' timestamp='1391294769' post='22994481

Yeah we missed a good Photo opportunity there where's Tom when you need him and I'm sure it was 6
Speaking of Cpop https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...#entry22996010

I had an email back from the S800 owners club, we may well get a few of them to team up with us
How cool will that be, old & new on the club stand!
Old 02-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lee, that would be fantastic
Old 02-03-2014, 01:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done mate, that would be fantastic!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That would be swell Lee, never seen an S800 up close!