UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Har-vey back in an S2000

Old 08-13-2015, 07:04 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Finally managed to give the car a good clean and take some pictures. Clay bared the complete car and then 3 stage paint cleaner, polish and wax and she's finally tar free and looking shiny again. very happy with the results.

I also took the number plate holder off and have decided i cant put the tatty old plate back on so its going to sit in the window untill a new one arrives in the post.

Enjoy

Old 08-13-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey
I used Hammerite underseal with added waxoil. I've used it before and had good results. I like the brush on kind as I find it easier
Thanks for that. Coating looks good. As does the car in the latest post!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go Away Steve.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:05 PM

Just realised I haven't updated this in a while.

So in the summer I took the plunge and decided to buy a set of meister R coilovers. I've had Meisters on 5 different cars and never been disappointed so they were an easy choice. At the same time I took my rota grids off my civic, swapped some different tyres on and popped them onto the S (as they were purchased for my old s2k 4 years ago)

Since having the coilovers on its been a painfull few months as I have been waiting on a set of steering rack spacers before I get the tracking done. I've only used the S for short drives as the set up is sketchy at best. Guess ill have to wait until the new year now as she's parked up in the garage for the winter!

anyhoo some pictures of how she now sits and one of something ill be installing in the very near future....maybe tomorrow if the weather is ok

Enjoy

One from JAE with Shadow

and one for, well just because there so damn beautiful

Old 11-22-2015, 08:00 AM

stance looks great

the white one looks phenomenal

while you were undersealing those rear arches.. did you attend to the area where bubbling occurs? I mean the area where the bumper fixes on. I am sure its double skinned there and the corrosion starts in between the skins
Old 11-24-2015, 12:37 AM

So I managed to get these little beauts on over the weekend. I also managed to strip the rear camber and toe bolts off, grease them up and re assemble so i'm now happy the rear geometry is good for a few years. Just to try work on the front and hope that there not seized!

I also got my sparco steering wheel and NRG short hub on. I love the look of the aluminium hub rather than the rubber boots that come on other brands.
The Dish and short hub are a great combination and sit only very slightly closer to the driver so you can still reach the controls without having to remove your hands from the wheel.

I also finally got round to rebuilding my Brembo callipers after Spooner Restroations painted them in Spoon Yellow for me. Happy with the fit. Just waiting on some new Banjo bolts before i can bleed them a trial them out.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:51 AM

What are those Brembos from? Look beefy!
Old 11-24-2015, 01:51 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by heymynameismark
What are those Brembos from? Look beefy!
Aston Martin V8

Loving them on mine! And can confirm, the restored ones (Yellow) look top quality.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:37 PM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddow
Loving them on mine! And can confirm, the restored ones (Yellow) look top quality.
Those pads look same as Brembo DC5/FD2 ones
Old 11-25-2015, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Si@Hendy Performance
Originally Posted by Shaddow' timestamp='1448362280' post='23811277

Those pads look same as Brembo DC5/FD2 ones
Si there the same as a MK1 Focus RS Pad. not sure if that's common with the DC5/FD2 as well

Quick Reply: Har-vey back in an S2000