UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

K3Nguru's S2000

Old 04-21-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default K3Nguru's S2000

Hi all!

I think it's time to start a topic of my car. We bought this car through here in August and drove it back to Finland. It has been in winter storage since October 23rd. That's six months! As some of you remember my old 'Nob', we are calling this car Nob too (actually Nobi in Finnish). I have been thinking of getting a personal reg plate 'NOB-1'. I'm going to take my Nob out in the morning . I don't even want to go sleeping. I'm so excited.., puns expected . For a week ago we had 60 cm of snow. We still have a little snow in Finland but the weather is getting better and warmer. The first thing I have to do is to change the oil and then getting used to the RWD car again. I have plenty of parts to install and I'm going to report with pictures. It's going to take a while to get everything bolted on.

This was the last photo of my cleaned car before it went to winter storage. I had those temporary plates then.

The Nob has spent the winter under car cover in warm hall with boats and a couple of other cars.I have charged the battery a few times during the winter.

I need to attach my number plates in the morning before heading to change the oil.

Cheers,
Tommi
Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks good Tommi,get that cooling plate fitted
Old 04-22-2012, 12:28 AM

It looks much better than in those pictures. The first was taken just before the camera battery went down and the second of a dusty car with lots of fingerprints. I will get the cooling plate fitted once I modify it for J's intake duct. It's time now!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:50 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I just realised who's car you bought, this is a beautiful car! Very jealous!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those wheels work well on that black car, good luck with the build
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Tommi

Get the thing driven!!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 PM

Everything went well. A got the number plates fitted with sticky pads. I covered the bolt holes as bolting the plate is obligatory in Finland. You can't really tell that there are no bolts because I attached the caps using acrylic tape.The Nob started happily and rolled out. I have missed it so much.

My dusty car came out of storage:

I love this angle:

Here you can see the amount of snow at my parents

We had to modify the ramps a little because Nob is quite low. I'm embarassed to admit that it was my first oil change. I had a friend telling me what to do and I tend to read the user manual as well.

I got the first part bolted on too; just in case as I'm paranoid.

We drove 100 kilometers just for fun. I've had butterflies in my stomach all day. I'll go to rent a garage place tomorrow. My Nob could really do with a proper wash .

Have you people had squeaking clutch pedal? I noticed it in autumn on mine. I also noticed slight clutch slip when changing near the rev limiter. The clutch delay valve has been removed. Could that be the master cylinder? My car is still under HUK extended warranty. I also noticed that the the soft top glue is failing like this behind the door windows:

That's all folks .
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM

I've always loved the look of this car, bet its great driving it after such a long wait!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good my friend Looking good With regards to the clutch, it's only about 10k miles old so I doubt there's anything wrong with it, I do seem to remember after having the delay valve removed and the pivot fork ball smoothed and greased the gear change was so smooth and so much faster in its action, if you didn't release your foot off of the clutch pedal fast enough before re applying the throttle when changing gear at 9krpm then you would make the clutch slip a tiny amount, basically your arm/hand is moving faster than your clutch leg. Give it a try and see what you think?
Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 AM

Excuse me, I meant creaking clutch. I notice the creaking sound every time when depressing the clutch. I have heard about the same symptoms on other Hondas like Accord. Does something need greasing? I was just thinking that those two would be connected together. Thanks Bry, I'll give faster clutch action a try.

Quick Reply: K3Nguru's S2000