UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

NFR s2000 Progress, Bushes Ohlins etc

Old 11-19-2014, 02:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I am.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:34 AM

OcUK rotters
Old 11-19-2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Define198
Well i have decided to go to center gravity after all, im paranoid about my cars not just about the service i will receive but also about possible damage to my car they may cause, im booked in for around 11am Saturday for the inspection, and possible geometry depending on if anything will need doing to the car, otherwise it will be next early next year when funds allow!

I have bought a can of penetrate spray and i am going to be spraying what i think are the bush's and bolts every day leading up to saturday in the hopes it may help free them up a little, worth a try for £5 i guess.
Hi I have just read your post! I live near Retford and could have checked your bolts for you!
It is not difficult, mark the existing positions on the cams with a centre punch or chisel (so you can reset them back if they move) undo the retaining nuts and try to rotate the bolts. They will give a bit in the rubber but you need to make sure they are properly free.
Unfortunately from this morning I am a bit busy as I began to replace the suspension on my 69 "B"

Good Luck
Lee
Old 11-19-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Floppy
If you're up north you should have looked into Daytona Autos in Cheshire as he is on the forum (DaytonaDave) and is very helpful from experience.

Its better to go somewhere close in case you find out everything is seized rather than wasting the hours of driving and fuel when there is potential that they can't do anything.
I used Chris many moons ago when I lived closer, now I use Ray
Old 11-19-2014, 11:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LEEF
Originally Posted by Define198' timestamp='1416392587' post='23410587
Well i have decided to go to center gravity after all, im paranoid about my cars not just about the service i will receive but also about possible damage to my car they may cause, im booked in for around 11am Saturday for the inspection, and possible geometry depending on if anything will need doing to the car, otherwise it will be next early next year when funds allow!

I have bought a can of penetrate spray and i am going to be spraying what i think are the bush's and bolts every day leading up to saturday in the hopes it may help free them up a little, worth a try for £5 i guess.
Hi I have just read your post! I live near Retford and could have checked your bolts for you!
It is not difficult, mark the existing positions on the cams with a centre punch or chisel (so you can reset them back if they move) undo the retaining nuts and try to rotate the bolts. They will give a bit in the rubber but you need to make sure they are properly free.
Unfortunately from this morning I am a bit busy as I began to replace the suspension on my 69 "B"

Good Luck
Lee
Damn! wish i had known and joined the forum earlier would of taken you up on your offer and thrown a few quid your way, retfords only 10minutes down the road lol
Old 11-19-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Define198
Originally Posted by LEEF' timestamp='1416420946' post='23411090
[quote name='Define198' timestamp='1416392587' post='23410587']

Good Luck
Lee
Damn! wish i had known and joined the forum earlier would of taken you up on your offer and thrown a few quid your way, retfords only 10minutes down the road lol
[/quote]

Hi again! I have done most of the regular S2 bits and bobs, Oils, valve adjust, suspension bushes and bolts, drive cup swap ,brake rebuild, TCT etc.

It may be in your interest to have a drive over to Daytona Autos one Saturday https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...e-garage-blog/ on this forum)loads of knowledge and experience. We had a BBQ there a couple of weeks ago

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/110...r/page__st__25

Regards
Lee
Old 11-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

http://www.dtstyres.co.uk/wheel_alignment.html

£60...

The only reason for paying more for an S2000 is if the bolts are seized. Or you are a mug.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:44 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by eSeM
I am getting my geo sorted out at WIM first thing Saturday morning ..... anyone know how much they are charging these days?
De-seizing it was £70 & £95 for the alignment in '13. Plus the dreaded VAT.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Still £95 + VAT (£114)

Took 40min to complete after a quick discussion on the settings .... no bullshitting and they didn't crash my car
Old 11-22-2014, 02:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a bit unfair Steve
He had an OAP pull out on him

Quick Reply: NFR s2000 Progress, Bushes Ohlins etc