UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rear Lower Brace

Old 01-18-2017, 01:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoon Rear Lower brace is another option and in out sale at the moment - https://www.uk.spoonsports.eu/50400-ap1-000.html
Old 01-18-2017, 02:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have one for sale second hand, bit beefier than the tegiea one. Drop me a pm if your interested.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was going to go for the Ultrs Racing one,but noticed it's further back I think?? Not a direct replacement for OEM? Shame as I like the way it wraps round the mounting point.

So after far too much research, going to see if I can import a Cusso rear lower brace... unless anyone has one for sale??

Last edited by SCZ4; 01-21-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not normally one for writing up product reviews etc, but feel I should make an exception today.....

So after lots of research I ended up buying the Cusco lower rear brace from Eight speed, approx £85 all in and 3 week delivery time.

First impressions, very very solid, nicely machined and much heavier than OEM brace, but in a reassuring way, Honda bar is very flimsy. I sprayed it black before installing (will see how long it lasts), fitment is perfect, everything aligns as it should and more importantly you can refit the protective metal sheet.

First impressions are very positive, rear end just feel much more connected, feels so much better accelerating out mid corner. Only downside, depending on how you look at it, is you lose the playfulness at low speeds, pulling out junctions for example, it just grips in 1st, even in slightly cold\damp conditions. Always enjoyed that element, but it was always strange why previous cars with much more power\torque never did this, quite obviously exposing a weakness of the S2000 chassis, it's immediately obvious the Cusco brace addresses this. Combined with Michelin PS4's the car is so much more confidence inspiring at higher speeds than before and combined with a few previous tweaks, it handles exactly how I want it!! Finally happy!

Also fitted a Spoon lower front X brace a few week prior, not sure I noticed a difference with that to be honest, so the above is definitely not a placebo effect. Best £85 ever.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:48 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Shame it turns in to rusty pile of shite within months.

Worth powdercoating
Old 02-26-2017, 02:16 PM

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Someone PM'd me about these but I completely forgot about it - unfortunately I never got a car in to mock up so until I find a local victim volunteer they're off the radar to be honest. I have just made a big batch in shiny yellow zinc for another application too
Old 02-27-2017, 04:38 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SCZ4
I'n not normally one for writing up product reviews etc, but feel I should make an exception today.....

So after lots of research I ended up buying the Cusco lower rear brace from Eight speed, approx £85 all in and 3 week delivery time.

First impressions, very very solid, nicely machines and much heavier than OEM brace, but in a reassuring way, Honda bar is very flimsy. I sprayed it black before installing (will see how long it lasts), fitment is perfect, everything aligns as it should and more importantly you can refit the protective metal sheet.

First impressions are very positive, rear end just feel much more connected, feels so much better accelerating out mid corner. Only downside, depending on how you look at it, is you lose the playfulness at low speeds, pulling out junctions for example, it just grips in 1st, even in slightly cold\damp conditions. Always enjoyed that element, but it was always strange why previous cars with much more power\torque never did this, quite obviously exposing a weakness of the S2000 chassis, it's immediately obvious the Cusco brace addresses this. Combined with Michelin PS4's the car is so much more confidence inspiring at higher speeds than before and combined with a few previous tweaks, it handles exactly how I want it!! Finally happy!

Also fitted a Spoon lower front X brace a few week prior, not sure I noticed a difference with that to be honest, so the above is definitely not a placebo effect. Best £85 ever.
I have the Cusco rear and totally concur!

I still don't believe such a simple swap can make such a huge difference to the car's nature.

The front bracing seems to have improved steering feel/sense of impending understeer, as opposed to changing the handling as such. I have the Whiteline top brace as well, which seems to compliment the lower brace. Though only by a tiny amount.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I made my own rear lower brace with a piece of ali box section from ebay for about a fiver, was a bit of a faff but noticed a difference on track, on road it pretty much feels the same.