UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supercharger Flutter

Old 02-24-2017, 12:23 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Si@Hendy Performance
Thanks Mark for that info

We have a spreadsheet of data compiling up on a shared drive.

Just as an idea we offer Vibrant and Mishimoto hoses and various connectors/clamps, we could arrange discounts on the items below:-

Vibrant Silicon Hose Couplings

Mishimoto
Si I thought you said if we swapped parts out it would void the warranty?
Old 02-24-2017, 12:03 PM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Steve!?? It sounded like you were considering options - I was just assisting with some of the parts we offer The recirculating relief valve is being deemed as an upgradable item by the many on the thread - a bit like fitting larger injectors, different hoses, air filters, spark plugs, grades of oil etc (all of which many of you have already swapped out!)

My own personal opinion (not HKS/HENDY) is that from the experience and going on the same journey you are all on now many years ago - I messed around with my S2000 within weeks of buying it new by bolting all sorts of stuff onto it - then within 18 months it was charged and the car is still going strong if you take car throttles word for it. Car modification is in our blood, we make changes to improve things and this goes on and on till we sell up and buy a new car and start all over again........(or have children!). I never thought about making a warranty claim to be honest, there were far too many variables! There are hundreds of these kits on cars around the world - just get out there and drive them, upgrade them and if your not sure about something get an expert to do it

We are still waiting for the engineers response who built the kit on the excessive flutter noise on a few of the cars, the majority of the cars and there owners are 100% happy with there kits.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Having suffered with similar issues to you HKS fellas, I opted for atmospheric. In the form of a 50mm Turbosmart Raceport.

17 psi at 9k rpm and my fluttering issues have gone. Even part throttling she is perfect now.

Not in the slightest bit invasive, Loud sneeze and subtle woosh thereafter.

Proper good quality unit!
Old 02-25-2017, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Si@Hendy Performance
Steve!?? It sounded like you were considering options - I was just assisting with some of the parts we offer The recirculating relief valve is being deemed as an upgradable item by the many on the thread - a bit like fitting larger injectors, different hoses, air filters, spark plugs, grades of oil etc (all of which many of you have already swapped out!)

My own personal opinion (not HKS/HENDY) is that from the experience and going on the same journey you are all on now many years ago - I messed around with my S2000 within weeks of buying it new by bolting all sorts of stuff onto it - then within 18 months it was charged and the car is still going strong if you take car throttles word for it. Car modification is in our blood, we make changes to improve things and this goes on and on till we sell up and buy a new car and start all over again........(or have children!). I never thought about making a warranty claim to be honest, there were far too many variables! There are hundreds of these kits on cars around the world - just get out there and drive them, upgrade them and if your not sure about something get an expert to do it

We are still waiting for the engineers response who built the kit on the excessive flutter noise on a few of the cars, the majority of the cars and there owners are 100% happy with there kits.

I am consodering options, as I said in a previous post I had planned to take the car to Europe and I'm not happy driving the car in the current condiditon. From what I've heard there was a similar issue with the Rotrex kits and the shafts snapped. All I want to know is if by swapping out the BOV we arnt voiding the warranty.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:01 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey
I am consodering options, as I said in a previous post I had planned to take the car to Europe and I'm not happy driving the car in the current condiditon. From what I've heard there was a similar issue with the Rotrex kits and the shafts snapped. All I want to know is if by swapping out the BOV we arnt voiding the warranty.
No probs - I'll check with them once I am back from my break
Old 02-25-2017, 02:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A query Si - any chance we can get smaller pulleys for these units?
Old 02-25-2017, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Trunkz
A query Si - any chance we can get smaller pulleys for these units?
Trunks I believe there is a range of pulleys but I'm sure I read somewhere that the current sized pulley puts the charger at almost its max RPM at 8,800rpm
Old 02-25-2017, 02:44 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Smaller pulley will definitely overspin the blower at standard rev limiter. I think its rated to 110k rpm and with standard pulleys its at about 108k Rpm. Loads of people overspin superchargers with no ill effects but it will definitely void your warranty if you do.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:15 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I was watching a YouTube video the other day wert they offer different sized HKS blowers.

Does the S2000 kit have the biggest one?
Old 02-25-2017, 05:33 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

UNIVERSAL KIT | SUPERCHARGER | PRODUCT | HKS

S2000 kit uses the GTS7040

They do larger chargers but i doubt they would fit the bracket that comes with the kit. Unless they built them to be interchangeable.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Flutter