UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wheel refurbish Salisbury area.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Wheel refurbish Salisbury area.

Any recommendations please. Want to be sure they will bead blast my 16's not shot blast. Then on to best deal on set of Yoko's.
Thanks.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really in Salisbury, but in Guildford if it's not too far: Primo Alloys Alloy wheel repair and refurbishment in Guildford
Had a great experience there, they took their time to let me decide and look at all the available shades of 'dark gun metal' before I was satisfied.
I also left the car there for two nights as I didn't have a spare set of wheels.
Their website has an instant quote feature so you can compare their prices and options.
Hope that helps.
In for before and after pics!
Old 12-31-2016, 08:11 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Be very wary of getting them powder coated. Some places stick them in the oven too hot and it weakens the structure of the alloy. A guy on the S2000 UK owners page on facebook had to scrap a set of wheels because he had cracks appearing on them after a trackday. Some had pretty much gone right through the wheel.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
Be very wary of getting them powder coated. Some places stick them in the oven too hot and it weakens the structure of the alloy. A guy on the S2000 UK owners page on facebook had to scrap a set of wheels because he had cracks appearing on them after a trackday. Some had pretty much gone right through the wheel.
Scary. Whats the answer then?
Old 12-31-2016, 08:21 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I had mine powder coated at Pristine Wheels. They survived a lot of track day abuse with no cracks (unlike the engine ).

Alloy Wheel Repair Experts, Alloy Refurbishment nowhere near Salisbury but they did a decent job.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Its all to do with what temperature they use when they heat the powder coat in the oven. Integra DC2 wheels had the same issue. If they chuck them in without turning the temperature down abit it weakens the wheels alot. I had my DC2 wheels powder coated and had no issues but i spoke to the powder coaters before hand and they were aware of the dangers of over cooking them.

Heres the photos the guy posted. The first one is where he asked what people thought of the marks on the wheel and the second is a closer picture showing the full extent of the damage to the wheel

Old 01-02-2017, 11:33 PM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

that's insane. How would you prove that it was the powder coating process that did the damage and not something else?
Old 01-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my AP2v1's refurbished by ProAlloys in Melksham. Pro Alloys - Diamond cutting, wheel repair, welding, cracks, buckles.

Fully diamond cut and sprayed properly - no cracks here!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:24 AM

Smile

Thanks for replies Guys. Pro Alloys at Melksham aren't far from me and their website looks good. My new Yoko's have arrived so will book in with them.
They also include fitting the tyres in the price so no worries about tyre fitter damaging wheels.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:28 AM

Smile

Just an update. Pro Alloys at Melksham refurbished my wheels to a very high standard, well pleased.
Thanks all and especially JamesT.

Quick Reply: Wheel refurbish Salisbury area.