Default S2000 Turbo (311 bhp) FOR SALE

PRICE DROPPED to £12,750

HONDA S2000 TURBO (311 BHP)

Honda S2000 Turbo – 45,700 miles only
MOT to July 2017
Dyno print : Power - 311 Bhp & Torque - 197 ft-lb

LOTS more photos available on request

Available at extra cost:
Matching Hardtop, Unused set of 18" wheels/ tyres and Custom Hand made spare replacement turbo manifold imported from the US (direct replacement for the Greddy unit)

Greddy turbo kit (new) – FULL PHOTO HISTORY OF INSTALL

Greddy T518Z turbo (8psi boost, internal wastegate) / cast manifold / 3” downpipe. Although new, the turbo had sat on the shelf for a year or so, so I had AET rebuild it anyway with all new seals etc. TURBO COMES WITH A YEAR’S WARRANTY.

• Bosch EV14 650cc injectors
• NGK Iridium Spark Plugs BKR8EIX 2668 Heat Range 8
• Walbro 255 fuel pump directly wired to battery
• HKS Super SQV Black Limited BOV
• Greddy eManage Ultimate ECU
• Boomslang plug-n-play harness (no wire splicing/cutting)
• Greddy Map Sensor
• Innovate Wideband AFR gauge
• Oil pressure gauge
• ITG custom filter
• Intercooler & full Hard Pipes used (high quality silicone joiners and band clamps)
• Oil filter relocation kit with very high quality connections and braided lines from Think Automotive.
• Oil catch tank
• Inlet Valve Spring retainers changed from the weak ones in AP1 models to the uprated AP2 model retainers (OEM Honda) (Photos available)
• New OEM timing chain tensioner installed (old one retained as proof of change)
• Oil now used since Turbo conversion – Castrol 10W-60 racing oil
• Only used Shell VPower Nitro fuel since Turbo conversion.
• CUSTOM 3” exhaust system (single exit for better power). 3” from downpipe all the way through. Decat. Makes a LOVELY deep burble and lets the turbo really breathe. Original system suffocated the turbo, this 3” is a huge move and leaves loads of opportunity to go for more power.
• Mapped on dyno
• Vented bonnet for improved heat dissipation for turbo install.

Feels like a big engined S2000 but much more potential. Its FAST but very docile. Nice sleeper until you rev it and see it go. Lots more torque low down than standard so much better acceleration.

Also loads more upgrades

• Hardtop (matching red) with custom bolt in fixings that are much better than originals. Still a 5 min job to put on and take off but far more secure than originals. Includes a working heated rear windscreen. At extra cost.
• Softop was changed for a new one in 2014 (have receipt). Also with heated glass rear screen and in perfect condition.
• Custom made rear diffuser (Jan 16)
• AEL braided brake lines (Jun/Jul 15)
• Stoptech vented/ grooved front brake discs (May/ Jun 2015)
• Ferodo DNS 2500 pads all round (new in Mar 16)
• Tein lowered springs (12mm) so better handling but no reduction in ride quality (Nov 15)
• Rota lightweight wheels with Toyo R888 (rear 255) and Avon ZZR (front 225) tyres in a staggered setup. Back end is TOTALLY planted as also dialed in some negative camber for a very good setup. (Jul/ Aug 15)
• New brake fluid (race spec) (Jan 16)
• New OEM gearbox fluid (May 16)
• New OEM Differential fluid (May 16)
• 2nd set of 18” team dynamic wheels available at extra cost. (new, never been on the car). (Feb 16)

Other features:
• Full Black Leather interior, beautiful condition.
• Soft-top internal additional headliner. Makes a big difference to insulation and noise on the move.
• Factory Air Conditioning (re-filled summer 2015)
• Alpine Head Unit. CD player plus USB input and has Bluetooth Hands Free telephone connection. Also fitted by previous owner is a subwoofer beneath the passenger seat.
• Bigger wind breaker between seats with S2000 engraved in it. (original also comes with the car).
• All standard S2000 features including a remote alarm / immobiliser, electric windows, electric convertible roof, Xenon headlamps
• 2 sets of original keys with remote fobs.
• Clear side indicators (look much better)
• LED front side lights and LED internal and boot lights.
• Custom narrow front registration plate without surround which looks far neater and does not impede airflow into the grille as old one did.
• Old bumper centre grille removed and mesh added for better airflow.
• Front bumper lip extension (rubber)

I bought this car in Feb/Mar 15 having looked around for some months. This was by FAR the best I found. One of the previous owners had dry stored it for 2 years in the past (documents to prove), and it had been clearly lovingly maintained.

LOW MILEAGE : currently 45,600

LOTS of receipts and history. Loads of invoices, service receipts, old MOTS etc etc in addition to receipts for ALL the work I have had done with a compelte photo history of the turbo conversion.

I drove it as it came then replaced the original 16” wheels with new Rota wheels, brakes etc for all of 2015 in which time it did not miss a beat. Never used a drop of oil and was totally reliable in trips around the UK.

The Rota wheels are lightweight with the correct offsets, with wider rear tyres and proper geometry, the car is totally planted. Lots of S2000s have a very loose rear end, this is NOT one of them this is absolutely secure.

I made some under the skin upgrades to improve an already fantastic car such as uprated springs from Tein (only 12mm lower) which improve the handling but do not affect the ride quality. The brake system upgrade including Stoptech discs and Ferodo 2500 pads are SUPERB. I also had the brake lines upgraded to braided AELs.

Race spec brake fluid changed each year (just done a couple of months ago), OEM gearbox and diff fluid each year (again done a couple of months ago) mean the car is always maintained to top standards.

In early 2016 (Feb) I was offered a Greddy Turbo kit from a friend of a friend in Portugal. He had imported it from the USA in late 2014 to fit to one of his S2000s. He paid USD 5.5K plus import duties for this kit. The same kit is available here in the UK at £4000 (about USD 6000) but that’s without the ECU and lots of other bits and pieces that soon add up to at least £1K PLUS fitting.

Soon after the kit arrived his wife gave birth to twins and although he had meant to get the car turbo’d, he did not get around to it…… not a surprise with twins less than a year old. I then convinced him to sell it to me, which he eventually did. It was at a loss for him but still a SUBSTANTIAL cost as everything was new. Photos of all the turbo kit are available.

I had the kit installed professionally at Speedwerks, Wembley. I have known these guys for MANY years and they have maintained a number of very high performance cars for me including some track only cars I’ve had (Caterham with a turbo bike engine) so they know their work. There is a complete photo history of the turbo installation.

We used only the best, so all intercooler piping is hard pipes instead of silicone, the oil filter relocation kit used custom made braided aerospace fittings from Think Automotive as we wanted to be sure that we did it right and we would not have leak issues. We also added an oil pressure gauge and an AFR unit to be able to monitor those parameters as they are critical.

The Greddy Emanage Ultimate is a piggyback ECU that works with a plug and play harness from Boomslang. It means it plug directly into the OEM ECU and no wires need cutting or splicing. If you wanted to remove it, this is a 2 minute job.

The car had the turbo conversion completed mid March and mapped by Nispro Performance, one of the best, on a dyno. He happens to be a world class drift racer too.

Unfortunately it was being strangled by the original exhaust, so I went and had a CUSTOM 3” system built and installed by Styledynamics (Hayes) who did a fantastic job. I’ve used them on other cars in the past too, like my Porsche and Jaguar.

It then was remapped with the revised exhaust and a custom ITG Filter over a couple of sessions with the latest providing the numbers you see. A full dyno print is available.

Now it REALLY pulls from 3K rpm as that is when the turbo begins to spool well and hits max boost around 4K which stays all the way to 9K rpm. Vtech kick in point has been moved to 7000 rpm.

Initially the car was on a modified OEM exhaust (2.25”) which had free flow rear boxes and removed centre box and no cat. But initial dyno runs showed that the exhaust was restricting the car. So I had a custom 3” system built from scratch by Styledynamics (Hayes). They built a 3” system from the downpipe all the way to the back to include 2 straight through boxes (for noise reduction but no restriction) and a 4” singe exit. We could have done a 2 exit as per OEM BUT that is quite restrictive and the single system is much better for power. This system can now handle up to 450+ BHP with the right upgrades in the turbo setup (like bigger turbo).

The car was remapped and now pulls incredibly clean from idle to 9k rpm. Unless you come up against another turbo or supercharged S2000, this is the fastest you will find. It is deceptively fast as its very docile too, no big turbo thump, just a big wave of push because it’s a relatively small turbo that spools quickly. Combine this with the handling and braking, this is an incredibly good drive. The HKS dump valve also makes a rather good noise combined with the exhaust and a 9K rpm engine – the noise is intoxicating. It feels like a much bigger engine normally aspirated S2000 and you can only tell by the noise of the spooling turbo and dump valve.

If you wanted a little more power (10-20bhp) it could be done with a bigger intercooler.

My idea was to keep this car now as I’ve put a LOT of EFFORT and MONEY into it as I love it (as can be shown by the attention to detail and condition. BUT just as always seems to happen, a friend has just offered me his track project that I have been after for 2-3 years. Hence and incredibly reluctantly I am selling my S2000.

A few things for any potential buyer, so please take note. I am a mature guy, have had and continue to have cars and have bought and sold many over my 50 years age, know about my cars and have done a lit of research...so no keyboard warriors please.

I will drive on any test drives and there is no exception to that, you WILL NOT have insurance to drive this car – you know it and I know that ☺

I know what it costs to put this package together, and the price is a BIG saving for someone to go away and put this together themselves, as well as the heartache, time and effort. NOTE it was a new turbo kit from Greddy not a used one.

Typical costs to build this car:
• Typically a GOOD S2000 with this sort of mileage and condition will be around £9K.
• Add the Greddy kit around £4K,
• ECU + harness around £600,
• Turbo install around £2.5K,
• Exhaust system £550,
• Fuel pump, oil lines etc and install around £600,
• £500 for a dyno map.

That total is £17,500+ and I have left out lots of odds and ends that add up…………BEFORE the other upgrades like brakes, suspension etc. So you’d be looking at EASILY £18K plus to do this yourself…..this is a BIG cost and time saving.

My friend will wait for me to sell this car, however long it takes, so I am in no hurry and hence will not give this away, so don’t hold your breath ☺.

If you are after an eyecatching, incredibly good condition, low mileage,FAST, beautifully converted and sorted convertible, then this is one you should see. It is not cheap, but standard cars with this mileage will cost you not much less and as I keep my eye on the market, I know what is out there.

There are much cheaper cars, but this is NOT in that category (even if it was OEM) but add to that the turbo conversion and all the other upgrades and you have an exceptional car. Note that a lot of S2000s are Cat C or Cat D cars….this is NOT one…its an original undamaged car.

The pictures do not do it justice, its fantastic in the flesh. It has a couple tiny imperfections, but it really feels, drives and looks like a 3-4 year old car, that’s it.
Attached Thumbnails S2000 Turbo (311 bhp) FOR SALE-dscf1199.jpg   S2000 Turbo (311 bhp) FOR SALE-dscf1201.jpg   S2000 Turbo (311 bhp) FOR SALE-dscf1200.jpg   S2000 Turbo (311 bhp) FOR SALE-dscf1219a.jpg   S2000 Turbo (311 bhp) FOR SALE-dscf1217-copy.jpg  

Old 07-01-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Excellent advert!!!
Old 07-02-2016, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a spec and v well priced!
Old 07-02-2016, 06:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Roadster rather than convertible (convertible per se is a converted hard top... )

Lovely...

Old 07-02-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by RobinA3
Excellent advert!!!
Thanks Robin, have one of your liners in the car :-)
Old 07-02-2016, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by UK Paul
Roadster rather than convertible (convertible per se is a converted hard top... )

Lovely...

Touche sir ...thank you