UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

HEL Performance S2000 Oil Cooler Kit

Old 02-02-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEL Performance S2000 Oil Cooler Kit

HEL offer a full range of Setrab Oil Coolers with our own universally mounted aluminium billet top and bottom cooler brackets. Our coolers come in the following sizes, all full width with our brackets to suit:

7 Row

10 Row

13 Row

16 Row

19 Row

25 Row

34 Row

All our cooler kits are fully customisable dependant on the customers requirements.

All kits come with the choice of our own stealth black Aeroquip style fittings, or the traditional red/blue fittings, sandwich plate and adaptors, along with all bolts/washers as required.

Kits can be self assembly if required, or fully assembled for a bolt on fitment.

We also have a limited edition polished grille for the 13 row coolers which retail at £50 each.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:55 AM

Hi,

Am looking to fit an oil cooler in behind the false vent on the off side, very similar to this install here https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/612...ooler-install/

My car (like the one in the linked thread) already has an intercooler and charger oil cooler in front of the rad so there is no room there for new coolers. Just like in the thread i'd be looking to install it here:

Do you sell half width coolers? either Mocal or Setrab?

I would also like the ability to add both temperture and pressure measurement. In a recent thread you mentioned possibly making a sensor plate. I know that you can already get an inline chamber for a temp sensor but I have not seen one for pressure. Temp sensor is usually 1/8" NPT and pressure 1/8" BSP.
Would also need a thermostatic sandwich plate too.

Could you give some indication of the kit you provide for this type of system:
  • What themo static sandwich plate?
  • What solution for sensor readings?
  • What size/type of hoses - could you do ready swaged lengeths?
  • What additional fittings?
  • Could you provide the custom bracket for mounting the oil cooler in this location?
Any thoughts welcome. Am happy to PM more details of my set up, pictures etc and take measurements.
I know that I could just buy mocal parts myself a do my own kit but I am interested especially in the sensor solution and custom mouting bracket.

Thanks. Gavin

Old 07-23-2011, 10:40 PM

I'll let Dixon answer your other questions but in answer to the first one, yes we do do half width coolers like in the picture. Tell the seller what room you have to play with and we'll find a cooler to suit from there.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by HEL Performance
I'll let Dixon answer your other questions but in answer to the first one, yes we do do half width coolers like in the picture. Tell the seller what room you have to play with and we'll find a cooler to suit from there.
Yes, I intend to take the bumper off and estimate which cooler size this will be based on. With your stealth black Aeroquip style fittings, are these self assemble hoses or factory made? What type of hose do you use these with fittings? Temperature rating, construction etc?

Also, Sorry if I sound a bit slow but I don't fully understand what you mean by "tell the seller", aren't you the seller? Also who is DIxon? DMS Dixon or somebody else?
Old 07-25-2011, 04:47 AM

Yes we are part of HEL, we are the HEL London manufacture outlet and we fit everything from HEL.

If you let me know what size you need and where you want to locate we can get this in and make custom bracket for you to fit to the location you wish.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 PM

Oooooooooooopppppppppppppppsssssssssss

Obviously had a bad day yesterday, thought this was a DMS thread for our oil cooler kits and was just intervening to answer a question on it....!

Ok, answers to your questions:

We only use Setrab coolers as we feel these are the best available. We can supply half width coolers, infact coolers in all shapes and sizes.

Sandwich plates are Mocal sourced.

Regarding your sensor options you can either run a secondary sensor plate which will have 3 outlets for sensors to be plumbed into.

Hoses, we normally use Aeroquip hose and fittings in either red/blue or black. We can do swaged hoses made to a specific length/design too if required.

Additional fittings - Not sure what you are asking but this kit will come with everything needed to plumb the cooler and hoses together and fit to the car.

Bracket - We can sort a bracket to suit yes, infact we would most likely modify the ali bracket seen in the top picture to suit your application if required.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.nengun.com/blitz/oil-sensor-attachment

Might be useful.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:12 AM

Thanks for the replies - Two heads are better than one

The sensor placement is my main headache at the moment, so am looking to your for advise, these are my thoughts.

By secondary sensor plate, you mean stacking two sandwhich plates? One mocal thermstat one for the cooler lines and a second one for sensors. I already have a greddy sandwich plate - can this be used or is your one more slim line. Is there room to fit two plates and still have clearance for the filter, will it be reliable to stack two connection bolts together as well? Is this the set up you wil be running on your car?

Other options I can think of are a break in the oil feed line to contain the temp probe, but this means more joints and it will not read until the thermotat opens. You can also get sump plug that will accept the temp sensor.

For pressure there is the option of using the OEM position but I think this would need to be via a small flex to a 'T' as I wouldn't want that much weight directly on the small 1/8" connection.

For the hoses, what bore size would you recommend, and what is the construction of the hoses used with these fittings? Material / max temp / max pressure.

For the cooler I think the space behind the wing is the limiting factor - I can estimate the cooler size, but to some extent this will also depend on how the bracket is placed etc - you will need access to an S2000 and the cooler to make the plate I assume. If you can develop the braket and produce this as a kit I expect there will be other interested.

Should probably also mention that I have a timeframe of 6 weeks to sort this - will this be enough time. If not say so and i'll "go it alone".
Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 AM

I'm Back again please tell me if i'm getting annoying....

Looked at the car last night and tried to work out what cooler should fit. Firstly my intercooler hose is slightly higher than the one in the picture by oxhouser - here is the space

Here is a carboard cut out of a Setrab cooler diagonally and straight...assuming i've got the correct data.

210mm x 15 & 16 row

210mm x 19 row

The false vent is level with the slots on the right side of the undertray, so airflow is mainly to the RHS.
Looking at the picture is clear that a cooler will fit but you may find it very difficult to make the bracket without having a car - let me know if you still think it possible you can make the bracket.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Can we not fit this right in front of the intercooler? We usually make custom bracket so can fit it wherever we like and any size we want, better than cut a hole on your bumper?

Quick Reply: HEL Performance S2000 Oil Cooler Kit