UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

HEL Performance S2000 Oil Cooler Kit

Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

is that - arsespec ?

(sorry)

Bought one already from demon tweeks m14x1.5 for a 1/8npt, not bad at 9 quid delivered. Shame its not magnetic too lol
Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full fitment/review coming from Gav B and following this we'll look to put an S2Ki offer on for it.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:58 AM

Here's a mini review and guide to the Oil Cooler Kit and Fitment. I intend to post a more detailed thread on the installation at some point in the future which I will link to here when its done, but in the mean time this is what you need to know.

Reason for installing the oil cooler was that I had previously seen oil temperatures as measured at the filter (post OEM cooler) of over 130 Deg. For example, one lap of the ring = 130-35 Deg Oil by the end of the lap. With another trip planned, I wanted to do something about this.

Not knowing the amount of cooling that would be provided, I decided that I would cut out the false vent on the drivers side and attach the cooler and brackets in such a way that I could make a baffle that would direct the air into the cooler.

As part of the install I moved my temp measurement from the filter sandwich plate to the sump plug (at least for the time being). After the install I did a test run with the vent open but before fitting the baffle. Temperatures never got above 85 around the roads/motorways (thats down 10-20 degs on normal).

As such plans changed a little and I did not bother with the baffle plate for the final install. In addition I also made a blanking plate so that I could remove the airflow into the compartment as overcooling was a possibility when not pushing it.

End result was that I drove to Germany and the Nurburgring (including Autobarns at speed) with the false vent covered, and oil temps were not a problem. 100DegC or less.
On the Ring I completed a lap with the vent still covered and my oil temperature was just above 120 DegC by the end - so over a 10DegC imprvement just with the cooler and no airflow.

I then removed the blanking plate and allowed the vent to flow air. Temperatures reduced by a futher 10DegC, seeing 110DegC max even with improving lap speeds.

So, happy with result!

Here are a few pictures:

Thermostatic Sandwich Plate, Aeroquip Hoses and fittings. (Hoses/fittings are cut to size and assembled yourself - however HEL can do this if required)

Sandwich Plate installed

Cooler Position (options limited by Charge Air hose to the right)

Note that the smaller brakets above the cooler were not actually nessecary as they we intened to mount the baffle I didn't use

Cut vent, and optional Blanking Plate (+Mikeys Grills).

Brackets we all made from 1/4" aluminium Angle - Making these is the most time consuming bit. Note that the shape of the angles is probably more complex than it needs to be as I wanted them to be flush with the front to be able to fit the Baffle I didn't use! (Small brackets also not required!)

This is how it sits in the Bumper, so you can see its position relative to the vent

This was the intended baffle arrangement that I didn't need

Will flesh out the actual install details when I can.

Gavin
Old 07-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by HEL Performance
Full fitment/review coming from Gav B and following this we'll look to put an S2Ki offer on for it.

Hi HEL,

I would like to somewhat copy GavB's setup.

Could you price me this up please and get back to me on here or PM.

Many thanks
Old 07-02-2013, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd also be interested in this
Old 07-05-2013, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Middlesbrough
Originally Posted by HEL Performance' timestamp='1314350922' post='20915575

Hi HEL,

I would like to somewhat copy GavB's setup.

Could you price me this up please and get back to me on here or PM.

Many thanks
Would be too small a core for the power you are running John, really need something bigger for yours. Gav's cooler was a 1/2 width, whilst it fits in lovely in the corner there I'm not sure it would help cool yours enough.

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
I'd also be interested in this
No problem, can supply like this anytime, although the bracketry isnt something we can supply as Gav created these himself.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

What size would you recommend for a 400whp SC'ed car?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Depends on usage, (track/road) but I'd suggest 16/19 row as a minimum.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:47 PM

For which kit, spec, core size please? Best to pm/email as each individual requirement/preference often has an effect on the kit price.

Basically the kit is anything from £250-300 depending on spec though.

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Price?

Quick Reply: HEL Performance S2000 Oil Cooler Kit