UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport

Old 01-12-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Tegiwa/s2ki,

I myself purchased what i believe was the first set of Yellow Speed racing DYNAMIC PRO SPORT coilover kit from your company, and i cannot apologise enough for not posting an opinion/review of them any sooner. Simply no excuse other than laziness (and of course too busy enjoying them )

I hope its okay for me to post this on this thread, but i thought i would just show the people of s2ki some pictures of them, fitting them to my vehicle, comparrisons between stock and with them fitted ect. Also i would like to say a few words about them (all positive, they are a fantastic kit) . And if anyone has any questions / querys about the kit that is putting them off buying them, i'm sure i could help.

So i will start with introducing myself, I'm Vince, i'm a technician for Audi, i would say i'm compotent enough around the spanners and previously have fitted other brands of coilovers to some of my cars from the past. My last car, Lexus Gs300 i had fitted a set of HSD Monopro's, previously before that a mk1 mazda mx5 with Meister r's, Both of which the coilover setups i was very happy with and its to which i will be making my comparisons to. (i know different spring rates + vehicles isn't the best of place to compare, but its what i have!)

Skip to the bottom if you just wish to hear my impressions of the kit.

I'm sorry for my poor phone pics, its all i have and i'm no professional photographer!

As it comes :
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-w8jgf8cl.jpg

Whats in the box :
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-rvzh4dtl.jpg

So in your coilover kit you will recieve:
2x front coilovers (10k-kg) 2x rear coilovers (7k-kg),
1x plastic packet with contents of 2x C spanners for adjustment / locking of collars,
2x front brake hose adapter mounts with rubber sleeves, these will be bolted to the front suspension bolt to allow the brake flexi to still be secure as the old mount is not retained with the new coilovers.
4x adjustment tools which just slot into the top of each coilovers and are turned to increase / decrease the damping of the shock absorber 33 different positions from soft-hard. Also contained within the plastic packet is some vague fitting instructions and a few yellow speed racing stickers.

My coilover's spring perchs came already setup from the factory to the correct position so that the spring was pre-loaded as to specification, and so the spring would not be loose and rattle over rises / jacking up.
So all that needs to be done to coilovers out of the box is to apply some anti-corrosive grease (i use motorcycle chain lube) and set the length of the coilovers (used to change the ride height of the vehicle)

As i wanted to demo how low these will go, i setup my coilovers to the lowest setting (shortest i could make them) on all 4 of the coilovers and all the pictures i will post of them / my car, will be the coilovers on the lowest setting.

Front comparison to stock:
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-rzvi0ffl.jpg
This was the coilover wound all the way in to the lowest setting, top mounts are both in the same position to hopefully give an idea of difference in length, when compared to stock.
fitted:
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-zz5zglpl.jpg

Rear comparison to stock:
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-xh6zz18l.jpg
This again was the coilover wound all the way in to the lowest setting, top mounts are both in the same position to hopefully give an idea of difference in length, when compared to stock.
fitted:
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-7o2xfgxl.jpg

This was my car on standard 16" rims with standard suspension:
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-xhwchhtl.jpg
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-e34wqxsl.jpg

This was my car shortly after fitting the coilover kit:
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-peynzesl.jpg
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-gzjjra9l.jpg
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-ohfoqobl.jpg
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-tcacqckl.jpg

Sorry for the poor pictures / angles, it may actually be quite difficult to judge the difference on these picture, but i can assure you its much much lower (admittedly i should of measured trim height before / after, but i didnt!). My car after was very much stuck on my ramp on the sills

Some pictures of my car with ap2 17" oem wheels, coilovers on the lowest setting still all round
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-deqjb3xl.jpg
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-dl5lvdrl.jpg
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-a5drciol.jpg
Yellow Speed Coilovers - Dynamic Pro Sport-cp3c5nwl.jpg

The coilovers have very much settled in now, lowering the car slightly more than the photos. Obviously after fitting i carried out a 4 wheel allignement, all the values came within specifications fine even at the low ride height.
The rear arches lip's were rolled as a precaution when i fitted the 17's but in theory, i could of got away without doing them and still not having any scrubbing issues on the lowest setting.

Impressions after living with the YELLOW SPEED RACING DYNAMIC PRO SPORT COILOVERS for a few months:

So i've had the coilovers fitted on my s2000 now for a good couple of months which has gave me enough time i feel to judge how they perform and what they are like to live with. My impressions of them are very good, I am more than happy with them, and very much compare to the same ride quality's as my previous HSD's/Meisters, i would say in some instances they seem more forgiving and less harsher than the HSD'/meisters, maybe this could be due to a better damper design/ lower rear spring rate, i dont particularly know.

I daily my car to work everyday about 100 miles a week, the coilovers are perfectly comfortable and forgiving on the softest setting (adjusters turned anti-clockwise until they don't click anymore), i'm not "wincing" when driving over rough tarmac with irregularities in the surface, and on the softest setting they are still not "bouncy" to which i would describe cheaper coilovers to be (ta-technix and the likes!). They just do a superb job of handling the road. The softest setting i would say is close to oem suspension feel, all be it with a little more feel, this could be partially due to the pillow ball top mounts.

On the hardest setting (adjusters turned clockwise 33 clicks until they dont click/ turn anymore) the car seems to really come alive and the steering wheel feels very more precise, the car just turns in very sharply and little to no body roll around corners. Even on the hardest setting the car is still very enjoyable on the road and doesn't feel like it would snap my back when driving over a pot hole! Although the road feedback / noise does increase. I'm very much looking forward to using the car on track in this setting, the feeling of "plantedness" (if there is such word+feeling!) is really transmitted when the coilovers are in the hardest setting.

I just hope to have other people hear my impressions as a user of yellow speed racing products and not let the lesser established name sway your decision when looking for a reasonable priced coilover setup, be it for your s2000 or any other car (I recently was made of a acquaintance that has fitted a set to his suzuki swift and is very pleased with them also!) The product still has all the same merits as other brands around the same of price point.
As i feel in time they will be well established brand within the Uk/Europe and it will be another option when looking for aftermarket suspension setups + Big brake kits.
I'm in no ways connected to yellow speed racing / tegiwa, so i would like to think my opinion is unbiased and fair, even with the past experience of using other brands of suspensions (hsd / meister R's)

If any one has any questions about the kit, please shoot away, i'm more than happy to help.

Many thanks to Tegiwa for supplying the Coilover kit, and the rapid delivery of the kit after my purchase!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always in stock guys...
Old 11-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tegiwa Imports
Originally Posted by Tegiwa Imports' timestamp='1409181317' post='23304942
30% off for the first S2KI member!
This is still available!
This available today ?
Old 11-28-2015, 05:20 AM
Former Sponsor

No but you can get 15% off our website today and tomorrow
Old 11-28-2015, 12:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tegiwa Imports
No but you can get 15% off our website today and tomorrow
No probs, thanks. Will hold on
Old 05-09-2016, 02:36 PM

Can you better the price at all as looking into replacement of my stock ones.