Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

Dyno Tune

Old 04-01-2014, 08:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry if I'm thread jacking, but do you mind sharing your turbo setup msm_s2k?
Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vboy127
Sorry if I'm thread jacking, but do you mind sharing your turbo setup msm_s2k?
There are quite a few posts in the racing forums on S2KI where I detailed the setup and evolution of the car. There are also some in the FI forums. The pics are all also available from my gallery:

Car was dedicated track ... and my wife was baffled at the "devastation" of completely stripping it as much as possible to reduce the weight!

Back to the dyno / EMS thread discussion ...
Old 04-02-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msm_s2k
Congratulations on the tune!

I ran the AEM EMS starting with a few bolt on mods (header, exhaust, intake) on an AP1. Passing emissions was not too big of a hassle, but involved switching back to stock ECU from EMS. The AEM EMS and tuning (Modern Garage when Courtney was there) really started to pay off with FI. I ran a super charger for a few years (~316 RWP on Modern's Mustang dyno), and then switched to a turbo (~410 RWP on the same Mustang dyno). The S2K was a dedicated track car the last 4 years or so. The turbo was amazing, but the heat management for track was a huge issue even though I was running a huge oil cooler and a lot of engine compartment venting. For street or track with the S2K, my preference is the super charger. With no FI, the value of the AEM EMS is okay ... but not nearly the level as with FI.
i completely agree with this. when my civic was n/a that was all good and dandy but i waited the longest time for flashpro to come out. i didn't want to install an ems on my car which wasn't really heavily modified. i had the reflash done and it did wonders to the car, no more vtec power kick (hated that). when flashpro finally came out i picked one up and played around with that. installed the sc on my car and tracked it a few times, loved the low end torque and overall linear power delivery but i got greedy and wanted to go turbo. went turbo and power is awesome, but aftermarket turbo kits need some serious heat management. i can only take it out on the track like a time attack car where you are supposed to run a couple hot laps and a cool down lap. the supercharger i could run full sessions out with and be perfectly fine. in the s2k i wanted to stay to honda's strengths and i decided to focus on suspension and bolt on power. tuned the car with flashpro and it changed the car completely even though i only run a berk 3" headerback as the only power mod. i picked up about 15 rwhp top end from a tune and that exhaust, about 40 whp mid range on a N/A car! car runs amazing out on the track and this year i'm focusing on aerodynamics, weight and handling. though it is mighty tempting to go to f/i i keep telling myself though in the end, being able to push a car to its limit without increasing power requires much more skill than slapping a turbo or s/c on it. just look at those miatas that run out at miller, ridiculously fast cars for those that know how to drive them! skill > power any day of the week for me.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 AM

Everybody seems to like the k&n intake makes me kinda tempted to get a cai or something for mine I have flashpro on mine on a basic toda street tune I wonder how much more hp I would pick up on a Courtney green dyno tune though?
Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 PM

n/a power is hard to pick up especially with the f20/f22c. most gains are realized by adding a test pipe and eliminating the "vtec kick" mid range.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:21 AM

Ya that's what I've heard i have tp and of course the lower vtec as well that's why I was wondering if I did cai and dyno if it would really be worth it for $500 ish
Old 04-12-2014, 04:58 PM

I'm having a hard to get courtney green to tune mine.... he only tunes the car with the Kpro now and i have the emanage....
Old 04-12-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by s2kbtos
I'm having a hard to get courtney green to tune mine.... he only tunes the car with the Kpro now and i'm looking for someone to tune it with the apexi neo or emanage.

Does anyone know someone that can tune with either of these?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Only Kpro? I heard he tunes AEM EMS as well.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ashton23
Ya that's what I've heard i have tp and of course the lower vtec as well that's why I was wondering if I did cai and dyno if it would really be worth it for $500 ish
well, the stock intake technically is a cold air intake. it's a cone intake with the primary air source coming from the bumper, an air panel guide would help divert the air from the front of the bumper. technically the only difference would be there would be less of a pressure drop if you ran without the box + divider in the airbox. Think of your motor as a pump (which it is), the harder it takes for it to suck air, the less efficient it becomes. It seems like the cold air option isn't big with the s2k crowd as it is with other makes and models. I think the most popular intake would probably be the K&N typhoon intake since it has a heat shield around it and isn't really causing much pressure loss. You could always go baller and get a mugen/j's racing/spoon intake but those are pretty expensive...

i picked up around 5-10 whp top end, better midrange and better air to fuel ratios going from a off the shelf (OTS) map from flashpro to a custom tune.

Originally Posted by s2kbtos
Originally Posted by s2kbtos' timestamp='1397350727' post='23109620
I'm having a hard to get courtney green to tune mine.... he only tunes the car with the Kpro now and i'm looking for someone to tune it with the apexi neo or emanage.Does anyone know someone that can tune with either of these?
we've (ziptie dynowerks) done AEM on several cars, one being a turbo'd s2000. did you go AEM because of going f/i? piggy back engine management can only do so much because they are modifying information sent to the stock ecu. You can't adjust ignition timing and fueling independent of each other.

Quick Reply: Dyno Tune