Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

Miller Motorsports Park

Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miller Motorsports Park

Just curious to know how many of you have actually tracked your S at MMP. Has there ever been a group day to go together? If not, we should! I'm going to be going for the first time on Saturday. I hope they aren't too strict on the 105db noise level... .
Old 01-29-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been once and would like to make it down three times this year. It will probably only be twice though.

I go with Lappingdays.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 PM

i just got my S and i want to go do that maybe. i'll have no idea what im doing but maybe one of you guys can help me out
Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM

If I ever get around to getting some new rubber, brakes, and roll bar, I will be out there...God knows when I'll get around to that. The stars must align...
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 PM

I actually got some footage of my first time. It was really fun even tho I was really slow lol. I never even broke my tires lose. I'm going to be going back on their next track day which will be on the 28th of feb. There were some amazing cars out there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IXgiGd8_27Y
Old 02-05-2009, 01:51 PM

Either a hardtop or a rollbar for convertables.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 PM

I ran topless. Stock rollbar is fine, unless the group you're with has some requirement...
Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 AM

Yep, it varies based on the group. It is safest to just assume you're going to need your hard top if you have one (you'll be faster with it on anyway, trust me). If you don't have one, then do some research before you go out. SCCA does require a roll bar better than factory protection and the top has to be up. PCA is a lot less strict (so that all the boxsters can run) they may even allow you to run top down with factory roll protection. It is a lot of fun out there, and I usually am out there with every SCCA PDX event instructing even if I'm not driving.

If you guys want some really cheap track time, look into the snow crosses... 60 dollar track days, basically. They just cone off parts of the course, but there's rarely much snow left from what I've seen so it isn't really snowcross, just autocross on MMP.

Also, SCCA PDX is the next cheapest (165/event) last time I've looked around. Then LapBattle is a little more, then PCA is a little more.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mugen112,Feb 3 2009, 11:53 PM
I actually got some footage of my first time. It was really fun even tho I was really slow lol. I never even broke my tires lose. I'm going to be going back on their next track day which will be on the 28th of feb. There were some amazing cars out there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IXgiGd8_2...e=channel_page
Hey Mugen, just watched the video. What group was that with? There were some way nice cars there. Did they give you an instructor or anything? Have you had previous racing experience? Or just a lot of video games? I could tell you were new... but you weren't half bad either. And being the slowest in a group of those cars isn't that big of a deal, especially for your first time.

Wish I still had the Evo and had spent that saved money into the coilovers instead of on the downpayment for a new car... It'd be fun to chase around all those cars with the ol' beast. Was anything done to the GTR? I'd love chasing one of those down They'd stand no chance stock vs a modded Evo with slicks (duh, not even a fair fight, but it'd still be fun). Now I'm so slow... Street tires are no fun!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=UT_Evo,Feb 6 2009, 10:51 AM] Hey Mugen, just watched the video.

Quick Reply: Miller Motorsports Park