Vancouver Island Vancouver Island S2000 Enthusiasts

**4th Annual Sport/Import/Tuner Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan**

Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default **4th Annual Sport/Import/Tuner Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan**

This is an excellent event, ask those that have attended. This is put on by the island S2000 owners and so hopefully we can get most of you island owners to attend. I normally collect $25.00 from each island owner for this event to help pay for the facilities downpayment ($500.00) and for any other additional costs such as decks of cards, advertising, ect and as well this off sets the cost of a person coming from the Mainland as they have ferry and hotel costs to put up with. This money is my budget for the event basically.

This year Victoria Honda (Campus), has donated the cost of the facilities in the form of a cheque which has already been sent off to Mt Washington. If you still wish to donate $25.00 to help with arrangements, I will gladly take it. Also I would really appreciate some help this year so if anyone knows that they are going to attend and has some time please let me know and I am sure I can off load some stuff...,

Thanks in advance and lets really have an island showing this year..., last year the mainlanders out did the islanders as far as participation goes, and we had people from Alberta and Pac North West attend. We managed to raise $5,000.00 last year, I would like to exceed that by a thousand for this year and shoot for $6,000.00..., help me to make that goal and send some very needy kids to summer camp.

Please read below as I only want to maintain one thread on this. I will have the registration form up soon and if you have any questions, post them here or PM me.

Thanks everyone!

Link to main thread:
https://www.s2ki.com/...camp-shawnigan/
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard about the 3 previous ones but didn't have a car. Hope I can make this one just gotta check what I have going on in August.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM

Registration form is now up and live
http://www.importmeet.com/2013-vanco...and-poker-run/
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 PM

Registrations are starting to roll in..., just got one from Calgary. Another from Prince George...,
Old 04-13-2013, 11:18 PM

To try and boost participation for the Poker Run this year, I am having some special deals.

1) If you sign up another car, let me know and you only pay 100.00 for your car entry. Currently the cost per car and driver is 125.00 but if you sign up another vehicle, your cost is only 100.00. Both cars must must register and pay.

2) If you bring two cars from the same family or girlfriend/boyfriend, let me know and you get both cars in for 100.00 each. Reason being that you double your chances of winning the cash.

Registrations continue to come in and sponsorship as well. The route, so far is pretty much the same as last year with a few slight changes. All checkpoints have been confirmed as well. Anyone contemplating registering for this event can go ahead and do so. Payment is not required right away and if your not 100% sure that you can make it out, you can still register and there is an option for you to state if you are confirmed attending, or you are tentative. The numbers help me with planning.

This is a lot of fun and an excellent way to see the island as well as a great cause. Hope to see you there!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 AM

Incredible, we got people registered from Saskatoon and Boise Idaho...,
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 PM

All checkpoint have confirmed that they will be participating again this year. Checkpoints are as follows:

ChkPnt #1 ==> Campus Honda (Victoria)
ChkPnt #2 ==> Discovery Honda (Duncan)
ChkPnt #3 ==> Nanaimo Honda (Nanaimo)
ChkPnt #4 ==> Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort (Parksville)
ChkPnt #5 ==> French Creek House Resort (Parksville)
ChkPnt #6 ==> Arrowsmith Golf and Country Club (Quallicum Beach)
ChkPnt #7 ==> Island Honda (Courtney)
Finish Point ==> Mt Washington Resort (Alpine Villiage, Comox Valley)

I am still working on a starting point. The old starting spot has agreed to allow us to start from there again but I may look for something a bit closer to the ferries to accomodate people taking the ferry over to the island on the Saturday morning.

The menu has also been determined.

Artisan Buns & Whipped Herb Butter
Garden Greens & Assorted Dressings
Greek & Feta Salad
Asian Noodle Salad
Classic Caesar Salad
Marinated Vegetable Salad
Carved Roast Beef Au Jus
West Coast Salmon
Roasted Red Potato
Wild Rice Pilaf
Seasonal Vegetable Medley
Chef’s Sweet Table
Fresh Sliced Fruit
Coffee & Tea

As well registrations continue to come in and I am amazed how far away some of the registrants are this year:

Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM

Wow, signed up a NSX-T, Maserati Spyder, and a NIssan GTR all within days of one another.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM

We have now hit 27 cars and we still have 3 months to go. This is great. A really nice assortment of cars this year as well. Once again Mt Washington will be offering us a discount on accommodations at the mountain for those wishing to stay the night up there with us. I also want to say that there are some great deals to be had in the private accommodations found on the Mt Washington web site. These are chalets and condo's up there that really are not used much in the summer so the price is quite reasonable. You can find a whole chalet for 75$ a night. Here is the link to check it out:

http://www.mountwash...mmodations.html

For those of you that live on the island, this really is a great event at a good price. For the entry you get a BBQ lunch at Discovery Honda (checkpoint 2), and a wonderful buffet dinner at Mt Washington. You also will receive a bunch of freebies from some of the checkpoint and donated by sponsors. Everyone goes home with something. You also get the opportunity to win some very good sponsor donated items. Last year we gave away a week in Whistler, a 2 day ski trip with accommodation to Mt Washington, a number of golf tours, and much much more. You also get the chance to win the poker run event itself. Last year we gave away $1,000.00 in prize money. Lastly your participation fee also includes a modest donation that goes directly to Camp Shawnigan. I have a deal with them stating that the money will not go to administrative fee's, but instead go directly to the kids who's parent cannot afford the registration fees. It currently costs over $2,300.00 a week to send a child to Camp Shawnigan.

Those of you that are not from the island, you can come over on the morning ferry. We don't start the event till 9:30 so you have time to arrive on the island and make it to the starting point with no problems. You can participate in the event, have dinner, and leave by about 9:30 in the evening and still make it to Nanaimo to catch the ferry to the mainland. We had a number of people do that last year and the timing was perfect.

So no excuse..., register now!
http://www.importmee...land-poker-run/

Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 PM

We just hit 30 cars!

https://www.s2ki.com/...camp-shawnigan/

Quick Reply: **4th Annual Sport/Import/Tuner Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan**