Vancouver Island Vancouver Island S2000 Enthusiasts

New Island S2K Owner

Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I work in a shop which makes it easier. Have every tool I'd possibly need to do anything.
I do the majority of my own work and teach myself along the way. Same goes for body work, teach myself. Better than paying someone to do something you an do yourself. Not to mention the satisfaction of being able to say you did the work yourself. "Built not Bought" right?

I had one of the guys help with the trans (I hadn't had one apart before). I'm confident I could do it on my own now though.

I might be at the meet this week. My gf's family is visiting and we might be heading off camping but I'll try poppin by. 8:30, Timmies by the water fountain in Langford?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People start leaving around 8:30. It is early like 6:30 when people start to show. All depends on if it is a nice night or not. Wrong Timmies..., that is Goldstream Ave..., Keep going past the water fountain until you hit Jacklin Rd. Turn left on Jacklin Road and go down two sets of lights. Look Right and there we are. Right across from Westshore Mall. Not a timmies either it is the Starbucks. There is a Timmies across the street but we meet at Starbucks.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Wow, I shit the bed on that one. Sounds like I just made up my own meet entirely lol
Well I'll have to see, I may be able to stop in for a few.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by S2KSean
Well I work in a shop which makes it easier. Have every tool I'd possibly need to do anything.
I do the majority of my own work and teach myself along the way. Same goes for body work, teach myself. Better than paying someone to do something you an do yourself. Not to mention the satisfaction of being able to say you did the work yourself. "Built not Bought" right?

I had one of the guys help with the trans (I hadn't had one apart before). I'm confident I could do it on my own now though.

I might be at the meet this week. My gf's family is visiting and we might be heading off camping but I'll try poppin by. 8:30, Timmies by the water fountain in Langford?
Did i see your car last week in Victoria at a garage near Pat bay hwy and Royal oak area? Do you work there? Maybe a good place to get service? Or my transmission redone this winter? John.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 AM

^ Or get your supercharger installed ???
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM

Yeah that's the shop I work at! Glanford Auto Service.
We work on pretty much anything and we're all car enthusiasts. Dan owns a jeep and is into that, as well as old rods etc. Shaun is into racing and is building a mini-stock mustang as well as finishing up a dwarf car. Burton and I are into the tuner stuff. Herman owns a '53 Chev and is good with small engines, and Boss man owns a '65 Beaumont.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:17 AM

^ Is there a guy working down there with blond hair and he drives a yellow CRX?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 PM

Yeah, that's Matt.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Tell him Dave wants to know if he is coming to the Poker Run this year ..., I think he was there last year and I wasn't sure how to get ahold of him.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Nice pictures of the transmission rebuild!

I was at the lights waiting to turn left onto the Pat Bay yesterday and spotted your BB. I wanted to pull in but was short on time.

@Dave - I was hoping to stop by tomorrow night also if I can get away early enough. What time are you planning on showing up?

-Howard

Quick Reply: New Island S2K Owner