Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some advice on ideal new wheel offset set up.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some advice on ideal new wheel offset set up.

I've currently running standard set up ride height etc I've just ordered a set of Works S1 3 piece. So because the car is so clean and low mileage with all the dealer history I don't want to cut any arches etc a slight roll is fine. The question is can anyone tell me what would this be the best set up 18x9.5 et37 for the rears (Decided ish) and 18x8.5 et41 for fronts or the other option would be 18x8.5 et29 fronts? Thinking the rears is perfect. I'm leaning towards the et41 for less work. Not looking the Hella Flush or Stance look but want to keep the driveablity and performance the same. Many thanks
Old 02-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Lol. 8.5 +41 needs more than a "slight roll" same with +39 9.5 for the rear. The fenders have to be rolled flat and the tabs relocated. +29 doesn't fit at all. Read the fitment sticky. These are far from ideal especially at stock ride height.

Last edited by Manga_Spawn; 02-08-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

You plan on staying stock height? If so, aggressive fitments won't look good. 9.5" +37 rear with stock camber will stick out PAST the fender.

Size chart: https://workwheelsusa.com/wp-content...ZING-CHART.pdf

Based on your goals, I would have gone with 8.5" +54 A disk front and 9.5" +62 O disk rear with 225/40, 255/35 tires. If you are willing to lower the car and roll the fenders then you can go more aggressive.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Lol. 8.5 +41 needs more than a "slight roll" same with +39 9.5 for the rear. The fenders have to be rolled flat and the tabs relocated. +29 doesn't fit at all. Read the fitment sticky. These are far from ideal especially at stock ride height.
Thank you for your reply. yes I understand the involvement in the rear wth relocating the bumper tab to a different place and a full roll and tyre option has been considered for the rear. Suspension I know will have to be worked on. But for maximum dish effect is the above off sets the best recommend in you opinion? I think 37et on the rear is the max I can do with out cutting arches etc. The front 29et would of been a more later on useable set up but I was told the work involved would of been a lot while the 41et would be much easier. Thoughts ?
Old 02-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you already order the wheels in those specs?

Those specs can work, but at stock height will be poking and will not look that good. That setup is more for S2000s on coilovers who plan on rolling their fenders and relocating the rear bumper tab. If you are concerned about lip size, then I guess yes those are your best options to get a decent size lip. But be prepared to due some work to your fenders and add camber.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kami Speed
Did you already order the wheels in those specs?

Those specs can work, but at stock height will be poking and will not look that good. That setup is more for S2000s on coilovers who plan on rolling their fenders and relocating the rear bumper tab. If you are concerned about lip size, then I guess yes those are your best options to get a decent size lip. But be prepared to due some work to your fenders and add camber.
YES paid for and all. I just confirming the offset to be made. The 18x9.5 et37 (they don't do a 40et) this will be in the deep dish option and will give about 3.5 inch lip which is decent for the type of wheel I choose. So the decision on the rear was to be made at that size I'm thinking due to getting the maximum deep dish look without cutting my car to bits for wheel fittment. The front I'm 95% sure the best option is et41 because the next size down would be et29 which would evolve major work to fit. But I'm hoping these are the best offset available for my car. And yes the suspension set up I will set up with the arch roll to compensate but the front should be ok right ? Minimum work ?
Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by KW888
Thank you for your reply. yes I understand the involvement in the rear wth relocating the bumper tab to a different place and a full roll and tyre option has been considered for the rear. Suspension I know will have to be worked on. But for maximum dish effect is the above off sets the best recommend in you opinion? I think 37et on the rear is the max I can do with out cutting arches etc. The front 29et would of been a more later on useable set up but I was told the work involved would of been a lot while the 41et would be much easier. Thoughts ?
I don't even understand what you are asking here. +29 REQUIRES aftermarket fenders. Period. The +41 can work but still is not an easy fit and again as I and others said at stock height this will look pretty bad.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Site Moderator

Lol I love when people buy stuff then ask, At this point it doesn't even matter. You will see what you have to do when you try and mount them on the car.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Lol I love when people buy stuff then ask, At this point it doesn't even matter. You will see what you have to do when you try and mount them on the car.
Yeah, I don't get this phenomenon
Old 02-08-2017, 12:12 PM

If you read the above I have purchased but haven't confirmed the offset as when I DID PURCHASE I had a bit of tweaking to re think to it because the first offset I was planing to order became a problem when deciding on the final factor of the amount of work needed.

as for MY QUESTION was should I purchase more for later or saleable offset or do I make the wheels a more S2K set up. I was also asking for advisable advice on the maximum people would go without using cutting methods or ruining the car just to get a larger diameter wheel on.

Purely opinions of the front offsets I have put out above if it was there choice.

Quick Reply: Some advice on ideal new wheel offset set up.