Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some advice on ideal new wheel offset set up.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
I don't even understand what you are asking here. +29 REQUIRES aftermarket fenders. Period. The +41 can work but still is not an easy fit and again as I and others said at stock height this will look pretty bad.
thank you! I'm glad you told me the information on the front set up et29!! This has removed that set up out of the question now. (Although others have said different with roll it is possible? (Don't know for sure). I did read another thread on bbs LMs with a offset of et38 18x8.5 and would fit perfectly (me being et41 should be better no?)

Please remember I have PURCHASED but NOT CONFIRMED THE OFFSET COMPLETELY. The rears are decided tho.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like you want a stance set of wheels without lowering the car? I would definitely cancel that order. Those are just going to be a pain in the ass to fit. There will be no light or slight roll. You will have to roll flat. Hope you have a really good fender roller. If it's as pristine as you say it is, I would not want to roll anything. Get the correct offsets.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Yeah, none of the OP wheel options will fit without aggressive roll/cut and bumper tab relocate and even some bit of pulling depending on tire width. For the rim widths chosen, 225/255 would be the proper go to choice, but wont fit with these offsets.

If you want a 8.5/225 up front and 9.5/255 in rear with just a basic fender roll front and back, then you need +50 offset at minimum. Not +37-41.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 02-08-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Just run some 195 tires and -6 degrees camber. It'll fit perfectly. Lol
Old 02-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

As everyone stated, It will not look good at stock ride height, If you were to lower it and add a bit of camber (nothing crazy) and the correct size tires you could pull it off. We have fit 17x10 +38s with a 255/40 tire on our car wit OEM fenders but that was with a roll all around and and a pull up front.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by S_DosMil
It sounds like you want a stance set of wheels without lowering the car? I would definitely cancel that order. Those are just going to be a pain in the ass to fit. There will be no light or slight roll. You will have to roll flat. Hope you have a really good fender roller. If it's as pristine as you say it is, I would not want to roll anything. Get the correct offsets.
Your totally correct I'm worried because the car is clean and everything bought so far has been all Honda Access parts.

i think in general with bumper re tabs I'll get a fabricator to and get them repained so it would look factory (theory). Being a car detailer it's down to everything. as for the rolling yes everything will be done to perfection no expensive spared.

The suspension I will be upgrading and height adjusted to suit. Thinking Mono Flex Teins and after talks with Works Uk and another Honda performance shop wheel figures etc its gonna be tight. But not impossible. Yes the rears would need rolled. Bumper tabs relocated. Tyre option would be 245 on the rear (more of a rounded tyre like pilot sport or continental tyre which instead of my preferred AD08s (being more squared) possible -3 camber but talking to my other guy it's all down to how the suspension is set up etc.

I'm not too much into stancing the car not a major fan of the slammed and crazy camber (roads are very bad here). But a nice sutile look mainly it was the dish look at the rear.

hoping the 41et wont be too much trouble
Old 02-08-2017, 03:24 PM

I WILL BE CHANGING SUSPENSION SET UP.

@TougeFactory correct during my research and speaking to some of the most famous s2k owners they themselves have riducluous offsets. I've also seen others having 17x10 et40 squared with 255s all around without major work.

@s2000Junky yes bro I was thinking 225 front with 245 rears. Small stretch I believe without affect much performance or drivability ?
Old 02-08-2017, 03:28 PM

[i]This is the same colour I'm going for. It's a hard not to want a big dish
Old 02-08-2017, 03:37 PM

Just like to say everyone's advice is much appreciated! The input is good and being new to this forum I hope to get better insight of the car.

Althought my car (m3) I don't think it was as difficult lol was told previously s2ks are b#tch to get right.

Im hoping this will not be too much work as the 17s will be going back on over the winter.

She doesn't get driven a lot and the extremely low mileage puts me off lol. Although I think if I was to pull this off and in a decent not crazy stance way it would look very nice. Hopefully.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by KW888
I WILL BE CHANGING SUSPENSION SET UP.

@TougeFactory correct during my research and speaking to some of the most famous s2k owners they themselves have riducluous offsets. I've also seen others having 17x10 et40 squared with 255s all around without major work.

@s2000Junky yes bro I was thinking 225 front with 245 rears. Small stretch I believe without affect much performance or drivability ?
255/35 would be a much better choice for the rear. I'd highly recommend getting a 9.5" +49 rear. It will still be flush without having to compromise tire size or excess negative camber to fit. You will only lose 12mm of lip compared to the +37. Also, anyone running non-staggered 10" +40 with 255 has done major work IMO.

Quick Reply: Some advice on ideal new wheel offset set up.