Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some advice on ideal new wheel offset set up.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1nate7
255/35 would be a much better choice for the rear. I'd highly recommend getting a 9.5" +49 rear. It will still be flush without having to compromise tire size or excess negative camber to fit. You will only lose 12mm of lip compared to the +37. Also, anyone running non-staggered 10" +40 with 255 has done major work IMO.
ill speak to Works in the morning and ask for a opinion on that option. It's considerable bro thanks for the input
Old 02-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by KW888
If you read the above I have purchased but haven't confirmed the offset as when I DID PURCHASE I had a bit of tweaking to re think to it because the first offset I was planing to order became a problem when deciding on the final factor of the amount of work needed.

as for MY QUESTION was should I purchase more for later or saleable offset or do I make the wheels a more S2K set up. I was also asking for advisable advice on the maximum people would go without using cutting methods or ruining the car just to get a larger diameter wheel on.

Purely opinions of the front offsets I have put out above if it was there choice.
The bold part does not make any sense. What do you mean by cutting? Do you mean over fenders? Trimming the fender lip? Cutting some sick moves? The Diameter is not the measurement that is important here. It is the width and offset that matters.

You are set on the rears so you will need to roll the fenders relocate the tabs and run a fair bit of camber to get them to fit without rubbing. The fronts to fit the 8.5 +41 you will need to roll the fenders and run more camber to have the wheels fit and not damage the fenders. You will want to get coilovers and lower the car for any chance of any of this working and looking decent.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
The bold part does not make any sense. What do you mean by cutting? Do you mean over fenders? Trimming the fender lip? Cutting some sick moves? The Diameter is not the measurement that is important here. It is the width and offset that matters.

You are set on the rears so you will need to roll the fenders relocate the tabs and run a fair bit of camber to get them to fit without rubbing. The fronts to fit the 8.5 +41 you will need to roll the fenders and run more camber to have the wheels fit and not damage the fenders. You will want to get coilovers and lower the car for any chance of any of this working and looking decent.
yes I should need to cut or put over fenders on for the rear set up correct? But with a et49 would I still need to relocate tabs ? Yes coliovers will be ordered to adjust the look of the wheels and vehicle. Would a -3 camber angle be enough ? But not too much angle correct ?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:09 PM

I meant shouldn't need to cut any fenders or put over fenders on
Old 02-08-2017, 06:13 PM

The bold part meant I had a thought do I make these to 100% s2k fittment or do I make the set so they can be used on another car later on... they are £3300 worth of wheels so a tuff choice.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

ill speak to Works in the morning and ask for a opinion on that option. It's considerable bro thanks for the input
No problem. The main reason I don't like the 225/245 setup is you end up with a larger diameter tire in front, albeit very subtle. With the 225/40, 255/35 it's a perfect diameter match.

There really are a couple options you should consider if possible:

1. Let's say you are set on 8.5" +41 and 9.5" +37. You could run slightly wider wheels that have same outer fitment and lip size. For example, 9" +48 front and 10" +43 rear. The extra tire stretch would help with fitment.

2. Also, with a custom order you should at least consider going with wider wheels. Take advantage of INNER clearance and run 9.5" +54 front and 11" +68 rear. Could run 245/35, 285/30 tires with basic fender roll. Maybe that isn't what you are looking for but you can see my signature for a very similar setup.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

The bold part meant I had a thought do I make these to 100% s2k fittment or do I make the set so they can be used on another car later on... they are £3300 worth of wheels so a tuff choice.
Are you buying these for you or the next guy who might put them on a 350Z? No offense, but this shouldn't even be a question. Buy what fits YOUR car!
Old 02-08-2017, 06:49 PM

You have a point nate and valuable information from everyone. I've had a couple of projects that has been a long road to where I wanted them to be. But like everything you get a urge to move to something more. I was thinking of keeping the rims if I was to sell the car. Don't get me wrong the car has such a low mileage and 1 owner and a gem find tbh. But a difficult choice especially when it's this type of wheel. Do I sacrifice looks for fittment?

I will I'll discuss you advised offsets tomorrow with Works and try and find a happy medium.

Really difficult car to set up tbh wheel wise
Old 02-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Yep, you cant get much lip on this car unless you go ridiculous looking stretched tire/hellaflush, or do it right and go wide body/over fenders. As someone who runs a 275/10" up front and 315"/11.5" on stock cut and minor pull on fenders, I am all for bigger is better if your making a 3k investment on wheels. I would not settle for an average 8.5/9.5 width stagger if going custom. Get the offsets right for the widths and you can run a lot of tire on the car and have it look bad ass and best of all perform. If you want to stick your cell phone between the rim bead and super stretched tire to get a 4" lip, then your probably not goign to get much help in this forum.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 02-08-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Yep, you cant get much lip on this car unless you go ridiculous looking stretched tire/hellaflush, or do it right and go wide body/over fenders. As someone who runs a 275/10" up front and 315"/11.5" on stock cut and minor pull on fenders, I am all for bigger is better if your making a 3k investment on wheels. I would not settle for an average 8.5/9.5 width stagger if going custom. Get the offsets right for the widths and you can run a lot of tire on the car and have it look bad ass and best of all perform. If you want to stick your cell phone between the rim bead and super stretched tire to get a 4" lip, then your probably not goign to get much help in this forum.

thanks buddy for the advice. So spoke to archenemy (they do arch rolling over the uk). Give him the offsets and will get back to me on how they will fit etc. He says the figures seem ok but will check what tyre size etc with suspension height etc. Apparently he's done lots of s2ks and maybe give me a insight on what's to hand. Works Uk have said no rush on deciding the offset as nothing is set in stone ATM. Another Japanese guy says the best set up would be 18x8.5 et40 and 18x9.5 40et? Works says the next size up from the rear is 49et which in DD option gives a 71mm dish. Or option 2 et41 A disc option 71mm dish as well.

Quick Reply: Some advice on ideal new wheel offset set up.