The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Moving to Chicago

Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeggy
Did ap2-lumpy ever move up here?
Sorry. Things kind of gotten really crazy for me but yes I did move up here. I got the snow tires and had no problem. Even with all the snow this year I am having no problems. I drive the S daily and I travel a lot for work, from Chicago to Freeport to southern IL. So the car does great in the snow. The S got a wash today and I got to tell you guys I got a lot of thumbs up from people. Even the people from Starbucks. Anyways thanks again for everyone's input and sorry for the long disappearance. Btw I just found out there's an app
Old 07-19-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ap2_lumpy
Hey guys. Looks like we made up our minds and decided to move out to the Chicago area. My lady is from there and has family but we are trying to just be on our own.

We would be moving to the Chicago suburbs around the Schaumburg area at the end of Oct and wanted to asked if anyone drove their S during winter ? I was thinking of just using public transportation during winter and just keeping the S in storage for a few months.

Also, we are still looking for a place to live. Our problem is finding a place that will let our dog stay. He's a 60lb pit bull mix German sherapard. So if anyone knows of a place or where to look that would be great.

Anyone here works in the medical field (imaging field) ?

Anyways any help, suggestions, comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I DD my s2000 last winter out in St. Charles and it was brutal lol! But I also was on bald tires but I just don't think it's worth the risk. I'm just gonna end up buying a beater this year and driving that